The Samba permissions again

Hi Cybernut1,

Thanks for your comment.

I’ve already rebooted for a few times without success.

I’ve read this thread (for example, cause there is few more out there): http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX2/Problem-with-File-Attributes-Permission-on-WD-My-Cloud-EX2/m-p/785129/highlight/true#M1095

If you skip the Windows related portion on it, you’d see the screenshot from the Web panel showing all fields of Share Access to the main folders: Public, SmartWare and TimeMachineBackup greyed out.

This is exactly my problem. The same happens per share basis. Also if you approach the folders from Web Viewer application and try there changing permissions, it won’t work.

I had a quick peek through SSH on the etc/samba files (without touching anything). There supposed to be a file which is included (I guess) to the smb.conf, with definition of your shares. I found information about that in some post, which I can’t find at the moment. But that file isn’t there at all (something called overall share or similar). On the contrary, the smb.conf has all share definitions inside it.

I’d really like to avoid doing factory reset because I already have around 200GB on the drive and not too fast network to copy it out and back in afterwards. :frowning:

I’ll mpost likely contact the WD Support :frowning:

Regards,

RadoVal