Sync between two MyClouds

HelloAll.
I´ve bought a second MyCloud which is at my parent´s house. I want to syncronize both Clouds, but I haven´t see an easy way to do it yet.

Any help? I wish I could use one as back up from another, so I update one at time.

Thanks

On the mycloud that will be getting sync’d to, turn on the rsync daemon mode. It is not called that, because WD are morons, but it is under the network section of the mycloud dashboard, and is called “remote server”.

This option cannot be enabled without fox_exe 's WDCrack package on single bay mycouds. (See the Gen2 apps thread for details.) If your second MyCloud is a MyCloud Mirror, or other multi-bay mycloud, the option will be available stock. (You did not specify what kind of mycloud would be the remote, so just covering the bases here.)

Once you turn the remote’s rsync daemon mode on, proceed to set up a remote backup job from the source mycloud.

See the manual pages 76 and 77.

Mode should be “NAS server” mode.

The scheduled backup operation should fire at the times you defined, and should back up the folders you specified to the remote. rsync is very efficient, and after the initial transfer, will only copy the changes made between files from then on.

What My Cloud model’s do you have? Officially one cannot cannot backup from one 2nd gen v2.x firmware single bay My Cloud to another remote 2nd gen v2.x firmware single bay My Cloud. WD disabled the “remote server” option in the 2nd gen v2.x firmware single bay My Cloud. The My Cloud Mirror and above multibay My Cloud units support being a “remote server”. See the following WD Support document for more information:

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=13854

Unofficially it may be possible using the unsupported GoodSync app. Note installing this app generally requires using SSH.

https://community.wd.com/t/app-goodsync-for-wd-my-cloud-backup-and-file-synchronization/173984

Also note that rsync over ssh is possible on stock firmware, but requires ssh to be turned on.

Unmodified Gen2 responds to rsync over SSH without issue, so a linux host (like an RPi) can initiate and broker the backup operation for you, if you dont mind that as a solution.