Surreal Media Center 2.2 SMP Theme [Update]

surrealpro wrote:

ritaben…

That is wired, I dont even have a green camera icon in the theme. I have had the default theme and Sureral theme cross during testing on mine. Do you have Media Library in your setup - system turned off?

you may also want to try the following:

Delete all .wd_tv folders on your share or drive, there may be one in each of your folders and root. Delete your media library (can be perform in setup - system - media library - clear media) and turn it off if it is not already. Now unplug the power cord from the SMP and restart without the media library on. Hope this helps.

d@ve

Hi Surreal have already tried everything you suggested, no difference.

What I have found is that it only applies to my movies copied in ISO form, but not in MKV or AVI form!!!

The green camera icon must be in firmware because it is not in your theme as mentioned.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi

Thanks for the Theme – its great

I have many home movie videos, which I have created the corresponding thumbnail “image.jpg” at 120 x 180 pixels.

i.e. holiday.avi has the corresponding holiday.jpg file.

I would like these images to show up with a border around them in the various views i.e Gallery etc. I do not want to modify them to put a permanent border around them, since I use them on another media player, which does it automatically.

Question :-

Is it possible to modify one of the .jpg or .png files in the theme so that each thumbnail for video(s) has a border overlaid on it or to give that effect.

If not by changing just one of the image files in the theme, may this be by adding some code to the relevant .xml files.

Thanks

Edit,

Just like the border that is put around the thumbnail when you press “OK” on remote, when playing a video. It is black with a mirror type effect. It is that that I want to put around all the displayed thumbnails, when browsing in the different view modes.

ritaben wrote:

surrealpro wrote:

ritaben…

That is wired, I dont even have a green camera icon in the theme. I have had the default theme and Sureral theme cross during testing on mine. Do you have Media Library in your setup - system turned off?

you may also want to try the following:

Delete all .wd_tv folders on your share or drive, there may be one in each of your folders and root. Delete your media library (can be perform in setup - system - media library - clear media) and turn it off if it is not already. Now unplug the power cord from the SMP and restart without the media library on. Hope this helps.

d@ve

Hi Surreal have already tried everything you suggested, no difference.

What I have found is that it only applies to my movies copied in ISO form, but not in MKV or AVI form!!!

The green camera icon must be in firmware because it is not in your theme as mentioned.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi, Surreal can you have a look at this post by Tinwarble re: my problem with ISO movie jpg’s not showing. It is a reply to my post above his wher he has suggested a couple of solutions to no avail.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Movie-jpg-s-Not-Showing-Correctly/m-p/414002/highlight/false#M9173

I mentioned in the post above his reply that even your play bar wasn’t showing for the ISO movies, but was for the AVI & MKV movies.

Any help gratefully appreciated. It’s starting to drive me mad.

Cheers

Hello,  i am newbie with smp, before i used thumgen for the live with modified firmware. But now i dont know how install this theme on the smp. Can you tell me the way to install the theme or the link to any tutorial for make it. I read that you need type the ip of smp in chrome browser and then in interface web in apperances copy the downloaded file. But i dont sure. And i think that i need to use thumgen for generate the sheets. Sorry but my english is very bad and for me is very dificult to look for the instructions. Thanks and sorry

@ surrealpro

Could you upload transperent navigation files *.png - videos , pictures , music and etc to create my own backgrounds to the menu :slight_smile: Sorry for my English !!!

abatt…

you can find them here Æonish Hub FR Revision 2

d@ve

ritaben…

I dont use .iso files.

you can download a beta with included dvd_navigation.xml file. this is the only change in this download.

goodluck. download

d@ve

1 Like

gabrielydante…

All this information you are requesting is on the main page of this theme.

The process of loading the theme into the SMP flash memory is to use a browser (GOOGLE CHROME ONLY AT THIS TIME) and use your IP address of the WDTV Live SMP.

You will be presented with a web interface login. You need to enter your password “admin” for the first time.

Then to Appearances, then browse to the downloaded “Surreal Media Center V2.1.zip” and click Submit.

d@ve

surrealpro wrote:

ritaben…

I dont use .iso files.

you can download a beta with included dvd_navigation.xml file. this is the only change in this download.

goodluck. download

d@ve

Thank you Surreal, I won’t be able to try it until Thursday. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

FYI…

not mentioned on the change log on the new firmware update (1.09.10) but good news, the pondra now playing cover art issue was corrected!

posted by WD new firmware (Resolved several user interface and translation issues.) so far cant find anything, still hangs during thumbgen images :-(.

im not sure about this new live tv main-menu option. dont think it should be in the main menu myself. will look into it.

im looking forward to some how getting hold of the new (mochi (default) 1.09.10) theme to build on top of! although the build version still states 2010/08/01.

d@ve

Hello everyone, and hope you are having a better than average evening, day, or morning! I have updated the first page with new folder art including the .psd. 

Photobucket 

d@ve

1 Like

I really would like to see this happen, please VOTE if you have not already. If you would like to see a separate theme topic for the SMP please vote for the below live streaming idea, Thank You!

Separate-Theme-Topic

d@ve

2 Likes

Thanks , but i tried Æonish Hub FR Revision 2 but at this theme the buttons are disorder. Left of Movies is Online … but at SMP is Music and etc… You maybe modified this ones :slight_smile:

surrealpro wrote:

ritaben…

I dont use .iso files.

goodluck. download

d@ve

Thanks Surreal,

Working fine for AVI & now MKV files.

May convert the rest of my ISO files to MKV, and ecode any future dvd’s to MKV.

Cheers

PS I now notice that your theme is added to the standard themes for the SMP, I reset mine to the mochi theme and when I selected appearances and them the current theme running i.e Mochi, your theme was shown as new.

Hi surrealpro,

i use your theme for the wdtv live hub with the new firmware. But my Moviesheet (looks great on the PC *.jpg) but on the

wd tv live hub it looks like an small picture and i see no thumb “pic” - what i am doing wrong?

I use the thumbgen settings for the black mamba theme…

Best regards

Gerd 

sorry but i have a little problem.

thumben generate correctly the files but thumbnails not showed

where i wrong?

SURREAL MEDIA CENTER SMP THEME 2.2 Updated 06-13-12

CHANGE LOG

• Added RSS Feeds to main menu
  • Added Live TV to main menu
  • Added dvd_navigation.xml file for iso playback
  • Changed juke box graphics
  • Moved now playing cover and text on main menu
  • Changed and moved some exiting graphics
  • Cleaned up some exciting code
  • Added display info on bottom for reflection movie screen

Download link on first page

I will be working on updates to share as time is available, if people like this theme. Hope you enjoy it, have a better then average day!

d@ve

4 Likes

Dude when you upload the menu buttons …  as png or psd  :slight_smile: Please man !!! I want to change the default backgrounds of your theme … by the way it’s glorious !!!

Surrealpro,

I just love your Surreal Media Center 2.2 SMP Theme.

There just one little thing I would like. I can’t see how to change that myself.

Is it possible to make the file title space to be larger…

For example, the space between the two messages…Press “OK” to open folder / play video and Press “Prev / Next page” to skip this page (which could be a little shorter maybe)… Some of my files are quite long and they scroll for that reason… example…

National.Treasure.2.(Book.Of.Secrets).(2007).1080p.bd.mkv

I have the same issue when playing the file and pressing the OK button… the name of my file scroll too when it’s long…

If not possible to change that… which file do I have to edit… Thanks and keep up the good work which is fantastic.

Have a good day.

Hi

Thanks for the really great Theme and all the contributors.

For us that are not interested in the new TV Live, would it be possible to provide a set of Home images to use without  that menu option.

I have modified the “inc_rv_home_menu_node.xml” page to take it out, but off course the Home page Images still have it.

Did use the Images from ver2.1, but think you slightly changed the aliment, and is noticeable when going to RSS and the Music info is not quiet central.

Thanks again.