Surreal Media Center 2.2 SMP Theme [Update]

Oh, you’re right :smiley:  I knew I already did that, but never really thought about it being seconds.  Thanks  :smiley: 

What about the folder/file structure, would you know what’s allowed for it to work w/ the themes?  Or should they all be in 1 folder only, no compromise?

I kept all my movies in one mail folder along with the movies jpg, mkv_sheet & also the xml for each video. It still doesn’t display it. I am not sure if its to do with the latest firmware I am on (1.08.17). Thanks

I got it working. Its so much better. Thanks for the theme. I had the file extension messed up and hence it wasn’t showing up. Once i changed .nfo to .xml the moviesheet showed up however I see when I move from one movie to the other there is a little delay in displaying the moviesheet though. Is that normal? Please advice.

sherpa wrote:

Oh, you’re right :smiley:  I knew I already did that, but never really thought about it being seconds.  Thanks  :smiley: 

What about the folder/file structure, would you know what’s allowed for it to work w/ the themes?  Or should they all be in 1 folder only, no compromise?

I keep my movies in one folder, much easier.

Just have folders as "Animated " (for kids), “Romance” (for wife) and “Movies” for all the rest.

Cheers

1 Like

Just have folders as "Animated " (for kids), “Romance” (for wife) and “Movies” for all the rest.

Cheers

Ok, so w/ this structure, how do you display thumbnails for the 3 folders while viewing at the top level?  I presume putting one .jpg for each folder icon?  If so, any naming convention needed for it to be seen first? (since there would be other .jpg files inside the folders for the movies).

Cheers!

sherpa wrote:

Cheers

Ok, so w/ this structure, how do you display thumbnails for the 3 folders while viewing at the top level?  I presume putting one .jpg for each folder icon?  If so, any naming convention needed for it to be seen first? (since there would be other .jpg files inside the folders for the movies).

Cheers!

Just name the image (thumbnail) you want for each folder “folder.jpg” (without quotatuon marks).
You may need to delete the hidden .wd_tv folder on your hard drive if incorrect image is showing and restart SMP, the .wd_tv folder will regenerate itself.

Cheers

1 Like

So, I have ended up changing a lot more in the new update then originally planned. Speed and over all look has been the priority. As stated before the new firmware has caused me some issues, and I’m still working through a few of them.

I will be working on it none stop all this week. If we hit 15 or more Kudos (at 6 now) by the end of this coming weekend I’m thinking I will have to upload what I have so far, and then release a few future updates.

Below will give you an idea of a few of the new graphic updates.

Thanks again everyone for your help posting within this thread and helping others.

Photobucket

d@ve

6 Likes

notep wrote:

Thank you. Can you please let me know how to install it on WD TV Live? Also you mention using BlackMamba? Is it just for the templates & moviesheets? Can you also let me know if we should set “Media Library” to off on the WD TV Live? Thanks again!              

I recommend turning off the Media Library you will lose the Dashboard and YouTube trailer feature, and some other stuff I don’t use. Other than that your media center will be faster.

d@ve

2 Likes

If anyone would like to see a separate theme topic for the SMP please vote for the below live streaming idea, Thank You!

Separate-Theme-Topic

d@ve

Really enjoying this theme - have no desire to change to a new one. Kudos given and look forward to any future updates. Thanks and keep up the good work!

thank you wingutta, i have gotten pretty far this week, i may be a able to release new version tonight, if not for sure tomorrow.

d@ve

Surreal Media Center Version 2.1 has been uploaded.

DOWNLOAD SURREAL MEDIA CENTER V 2.1

Thanks again everyone for your help posting within this thread and helping others.

Photobucket

d@ve

5 Likes

Re: Surreal Media Center V 2.1 SMP Theme

Surreal, I am currently using your V1.3 update, could you please tell me what your latest update changes are.

Cheers

ritaben…

To be honest I lost track half way through. But below are some of the top updates.

• New graphics, moved graphics when needed, and cleaned up old ones
  • Added time and weather icons
  • Removed time and weather from pages that it was not needed or did not fit the theme
  • Added the current time while watching videos
  • Added now playing album cover art to home screen
  • Removed now playing info from pages that it got in the way
  • Fixed the reflections in photos photo gallery

Hope you enjoy!

d@ve

Thanks Surreal! That is a magnificent theme…

looks great  surrealpro

keep it up

Awesome work! I am quite new to the WDTV and appreciate the work you put in this.

I was a little bit disappointed by the out-of-the-box view of the audio player (displaying only 12(?) albums per page, only small icon for the cover art) but now with your theme it all looks great!

Also thanks for including the installation instructions (I didn’t even know the WDTV has a web-interface…)

Surreal would you know why when I play some of my movies I see the movie.jpg thumb at bottom left of play screen,  but on others I only see the green camera icon?

I am using your latest version with V1.04.12 firmware, not sure if same situation applied to your previos version.

Cheers

edit:

All my movies info has been generated with ThumbGen.

1 Like

ritaben…

That is wired, I dont even have a green camera icon in the theme. I have had the default theme and Sureral theme cross during testing on mine. Do you have Media Library in your setup - system turned off?

you may also want to try the following:

Delete all .wd_tv folders on your share or drive, there may be one in each of your folders and root. Delete your media library (can be perform in setup - system - media library - clear media) and turn it off if it is not already. Now unplug the power cord from the SMP and restart without the media library on. Hope this helps.

d@ve

Thanks Surrealpro!  Quick question… May I know what the purpose of turning Media Library to off?  What’s the difference with having this set to on?  I’d just like to understand what this switch does.  I also use the Dashboard often as I find it faster to go back at times to recently viewed and favorites.