Support os x el capitan

If you managed to get to your router’s configuration page, it may ask for a username and password. It’s quite common for these to be printed on a serial number label on the base of the router. If you have the router manual, either as delivered by your ISP, or found on the internet, it may help.

Although I think I found the right IP nr through the mycloud dashboard. I only use wifi with my computer, to a modem/router from my broadband company.

WiFi still uses IP addresses, so you can access your mycloud via WiFi using the IP address you’ve found. If you can access the mycloud’s Dashboard using the IP address, you should be able to use that IP address when trying to connect to the server.

If the username and address don’t work, you may have reset your mycloud, which would clear them. If you have forgotten the username and password, you can reset them using a 40-second reset. See the MyCloud user manual for details.

If you see your Cloud in browse then you are halfway there…

It won’t allow you to connect if you don’t supply the right credentials, i.e. user name and password.

On your dashboard make sure you set up the a username and you should see your share access under that username. Click on Full Access on the shares that you want access to, especially the share that you are trying to map.

Now go back to Go / Connect to Server / smb://192.168.0.xxx <== your ip here / click connect and you should see a panel that pops up to enter your name and password for the server 192.168.0.xxx

If you had checked off Remember this password in my keychain, then this box might not pop up and you might get the connect error instead. If this is indeed happening, click on Applications and scroll down to click on Utilities then finally click on Keychain Access.App. Here you need to search for the ip or cloud name that you use to try to map. Once you find it, right click and select delete. There may be multiple entries of the same or similar names. Delete them all. These are just your password saved entries that is probably preventing you from connecting.

Now go back and map again.

Let us know if this resolves your problem.

No it does not. In fact, now that I performed a full reset and created new credentials, I can’t access the dashboard anymore either. This was also the case the first time I tried, but after managing to find the right firmware update through some mysterious path I got it to work then. By now I don’t remember how I did it though.

Don’t you have to get the Mac to ‘forget’ the old credentials?

There’s nothing in the keychain since i never let it remember in in the first place, I just checked. I managed to log in to the dashboard now, just hade to ok some certificate again. But still no success in Finder. And it has to be the same credentials as I use when I log into the dashboard in a browser? So the problem must be something else.
Edit: packed down the device to take it back to the store, thanks everyone for trying to help! I have found other threads with people having the same problem, where the mycloud doesn’t connect or doesn’t stay connected through Finder, which makes it hard to use Time machine with it which was one of my main reasons for buying it. I read about a lot of workarounds but non that seem really reliable in the long run. Too bad, because this seemed like a really good product. I’m guessing Apple wants me to buy their time capsule instead…

I solved this problem this evening by clearing the arp cache and restarting my MacBook.

I used the following command from the Terminal app:

sudo arp -a -d

I then restarted my MacBook and I was able to connect to my WD My Cloud drive using “afp://” in the Finder “Connect to Server…” window (equivalent to using Command-K).

I’ve had the same problem - and everything works as you suggest, except - once it connects in finder, it instantly spits out “Connection Failed” - I can see the drives for a few seconds, then it drops.

Connecting as guest or registered user fails instantly.

No issue connecting via web, time machine or WD Access. Only in Finder.

When I installed MyCloud before executing the setup then I can see WdMyCloud in the finder. I could click on it, create folder and open files. I suppose I had a guest access to WdMyCloud.

I ran the MyCloud Setup. after all was wrong. I upgraded the firmware. I have an up-to-date version of MyCloud Firmware. I run under the last version of El Capitan : 10.11.5. Both my Imac and my My MacBookPro cannot access MyCloud through the finder but it works with a web browser, with other WD tools and even with TimeMachine. TimeMachine succeeded in writing a backup on MyCould.

So I wonder why it worked before I try to execute the MyCLoud Setup. It worked with the same MacOSX configuration. So something is wrong with my Mac configuration or MyCLoug Firmware? But if something is wrong with my Mac config, I strongly believe that the MyCloud setup process changed something.

Are these issues solved now by recent updates? I’m thinking of buying a WD but am bound to El Capitan for the moment.

i managed to connect using both iMac and iPhone apps and i just upgrade to OS Seirra with no issue

1 Like

Yes, but I can’t upgrade to sierra because my mac is too old. But it did work on the latest version of El Capitan?

Before i upgrading there no issue… im still using late 27" 2009 iMac

1 Like

Thanx!