Support os x el capitan

cpt_paranoia wrote:

I’d largely agree with that diagnostic tree.

The only complication is the usual problem of IP addresses changing, which can cause trouble. So I’d recommend checking IP addresses if you’ve upgrade either MyCloud, Mac, or both.

very good point…

A few months ago, I posted up a possible solution of why I think people are losing their IP’s (Call me maybe? - WD Connectivity Issues) and nobody bothered to verify the solution and even the one that I tried to help, argued extensively; I really don’t know about the young people these days (they think they know everything). If I sound like I know everything, my apologises as I am really really old and know nothing, so with that point taken…

The gist of losing IP’s is that you either

1. reserve the IP on the router and set your Cloud to DHCP

OR

1. set your cloud to a static IP (but outside the range of the router’s DHCP i.e. range assignment 10-100) then set cloud 192.168.0.199

DO NOT do both 1 and 2. 

Thus with ungrading firmware on either Mac or Cloud, IPs tend to go weird. Also remember to use GO, Connect to Server, then use the fixed static IP address such as AFP://192.168.0.15 or SMB://192.168.0.15 to connect.

The domain name server which is inside the cloud (see I’m kinda guessing how the names are resolved here), will allow you to connect to smb://WDMyCloud/Cloudy but if the names are not resolved, then you might have a connectivity problem here.

So lastly… we got interrupted by some kind of post about google within a post about el capitan support, lets get back to my last question…

enigma_cipher wrote:
WD Cloud is still working on my non-updated iMac.

excellent finger pointing

now although it seems definite that it is el capitan, we need to know if the following might work?

WD FW version between >3.04 and <4.03 works with el capitan?

It could be el capitan that doesn’t work with the latest OS3…