WD Community

Super slow transfer speed

Hey there,

Im having some trouble with my Passport 2TB external drive. I bought it in april and have used it like 5 times. It has like 600GB occupied. Today I tried to transfer some files to it and the transfer speed wont go more than 300kbps.

I have never dropped it or move it while its connected to the pc. I always remove it safely and store it in its case inside my drawer.

Thanks!

Hi NickTR,

Data transfer speed on computers affected by the USB interface, device environment, CPU usage and background applications. Did you try to use My Passport drive on another computer for same issue?

Support for Western Digital Hard Drives | Western Digital

Still Need Help?

Reach out to Support for more assistance.

Sign in to Your Support Account

Get up-to-date information about your products.

Western Digital Business Portal

Unlock benefits and tools for your business such as enterprise support, pricing and rebate tools, marketing, loyalty, rewards, and more.