Sort/Filter doesnt work

I just bought a WD TV box and set it up. It is linked over my wireless network to my WD Cloud. When I go into Video I can see the content fine, but it is ordered according to date. I want to change it to alphabetic listing. According to the manual I should select the green filter button, but this doesnt appear on my screen. Also the A button doesnt do anything. I have the latest firmware and my media library is switched on. Any thoughts ?

PaulTyrrel wrote:

I just bought a WD TV box and set it up. It is linked over my wireless network to my WD Cloud. When I go into Video I can see the content fine, but it is ordered according to date. I want to change it to alphabetic listing. According to the manual I should select the green filter button, but this doesnt appear on my screen. Also the A button doesnt do anything. I have the latest firmware and my media library is switched on. Any thoughts ?

You need to have your Content Source set to My Media Library for Sorting / Filtering to work.

to add to what Tony said,  add your shares to My Media Library under Network Source Management

Many thanks - that worked and I now can sort/filter. BUT…the navigation through folders is now painfully slow. Any thoughts ?

PaulTyrrel wrote:

Many thanks - that worked and I now can sort/filter. BUT…the navigation through folders is now painfully slow. Any thoughts ?

Try an empty USB flash drive in one of the USB slots so the media library database can be stored there.

Many thanks for your help on this. How do I tell it to save the media library to the USB stick ?

It should do it automatically.

If not, do a Clear Media Library from the setup menus and let it rebuild it.