Software Update - WD SmartWare Version 1.5.4.5 for Windows (3/20/12)

I also recently upgraded to 1.5.4.5 on my Windows 7 Professional machine. My CPU usage has been pegged as well and almost 4GB of memory was being consumed by the wdfme process. Uninstalling the WD Smartware and looking for something else that won’t consume my system.

Is there a way to install only the latest version of WD Quick View without updating to WD Smartware?

Adding new files for the WDSamrtWare_Software_Upgrader_for_Windows_1.5.4.11B 's backup software is OK  but when deleting source file is not reflected in the WD Passport Harddisk. WD engine consumed all memory and CPU usage.

I also have same issue . WD sell it with software include price .we already paied for their lousy SoftWare .

Was running 1.5.1.6 and everything was fine, since my update to 1.5.4.5 I can no longer access the backup and retreive tabs. Come on WD get this fixed right away! Update has been out two months, hopefully you are reading these comments since you asked for it.

5stringplyr wrote:

Was running 1.5.1.6 and everything was fine, since my update to 1.5.4.5 I can no longer access the backup and retreive tabs. Come on WD get this fixed right away! Update has been out two months, hopefully you are reading these comments since you asked for it.

On the Home tab, click on your remote drive icon. That will activate the Backup and Retrieve tabs.

I’m having the same problems as a lot of people here with the new update.  The software was fine before the update, but after the update my machine (running vista) was hobbled.  On rebooting, I also got a blank, black command window floating on a black screen.  My desktop wouldn’t load until I closed the command window.  Then everything seemed fine…until I tried to confirm that the update was working.  Everything was crawling at a snails pace.  First, smartware wouldn’t recognize the drive (My Passport). I got that sorted, but then I also found that my backup and retrieve buttons were grayed out and all the options under the settings tab were gone.  I see now that there’s a fix for the grayed tabs, but what happened to the settings options? Anyway, I uninstalled the software (and update too, presumably) and reinstalled from the drive.  I have the old version running again.  Unfortunately, I had to redo my original backups, sigh.  I won’t try to reinstall the update again unless things get smoothed out.  If the software people do actually read this, they should certainly be able to see by now that something is wrong with the software, not the users.  

Due to the release of the newer version of SmartWare, this thread will be closed.