So disappointed with the EX2Ultra apps

wdcloudex2-

I bought this on sale not realizing it was a end-of-line product. Ah well, still works, kinda.

Seems like a decent device, and we all don’t need 30 apps running on our NAS’s as per competitor boasts, but it would be nice if this NAS did the little bit it’s advertised to do.

I too found out about the “Acronis” deception and am not the least surprised by your Milestone Arcus revelation. Per the Acronis issue, all you need is a WD drive and the Acronis will be fully useful, except not when they’re in your Mycloud/book/ex2, then they won’t be recognized. This is fraud. They’ve got 5 different way to backup, but not one will do the thing most people buy a NAS to backup for, and advertised to do. Shameful. Had to buy my own backup software. Pooh pooh you say? Ya well it was advertised to do it.

Relegating photo/video/thumbnail indexing to background lower priority tasks, that can be then be elevated when the unit is not in active use, would seem like a simple useful use case. And not too much to ask for. Because of these tasks running 100%, any file serving during indexing, renders the NAS functionally useless. If I have to dump even a relatively small usb drive on the NAS, I can be guaranteed a functionally useless NAS for half a day.

Using Mycloud software reminds me of using the infuriating “tape backup” software back in the day.

The lack of response to so many issues, the running around to find some kind of a resolution to these issues, makes me question my choice to upgrade with WD or a competitor. A PR4100 was on my sightlines, but now I have to seriously re-evaluate this position.

This is what happens when software and mgmt decisions gets offshored. The QA dept can’t be doing a proper job either. Take a look at this … Prevent MyCloud from scanning files when Cloud Access is enabled - #4 by PEMAMETAL . What is that? a string in a numerical position. A memory leak?, maybe, how long is that sting?, what else is it overwriting? Sloppy. And QA hasn’t caught this? From the first version?

And before WDStaff chime in and throw a link at me to create a support case, … just what is your job? to read these issues and ignore them? I would think you would rank the relevance of a users complaint, take it to whatever you have for support, and create a case, and get back to the user. Too many complaints? then write proper software and QA it properly before marketing makes you throw it out the door. Then you could write responses like “we’re glad you find our product useful” instead of “here’s a link, go create a case yourself (cause I’m done with it)”

I’ve read here of far too many real substantiated issues that go along for years in some cases, then being strung along, “we’ve acknowledged this, and passed this along to the devs”, only to have the staff come back time and time again to ask the user to create another case, again, as the devs have no idea.

So many things to get right on a new product line, but on a NAS, one would think a https login would have been a design spec.

/rant, sry