Smartware and Acronis Backup software questions

Acroins is linked to a version of Smartware at a basic level. I have owned Acronis for many years and currently own Acronis “True Image 2017”. Why would I want to use Smartware software with all the issues I see posted on this forum? I can’t even find a comparison between Smartware versions Pro and both Standard and Premium. :worried:

If you have SmartWare, have you looked at the Help tab and read the information provided. The following comes from there.

WD SmartWare software

The WD SmartWare™ software is an easy-to-use backup application that gives you the power to:

Protect your data automatically—Continuous backup instantly makes a second copy whenever you add or change a file. Scheduled backup runs on the days and times you select.

See your backup as it happens—Category-mode backup organizes and displays your files in categories and shows the progress of your backup.

Bring back lost files effortlessly—Easily retrieve your data whether you have lost everything, deleted a folder, or just overwritten an important file.

Take control—Customize your backup, set drive security, run diagnostics, manage the power settings, and more for supported WD devices.

Secure your encryption-enabled WD drive—Password protection and 256-bit hardware-based encryption protects your data from unauthorized access or theft.

Upgrade to WD SmartWare Pro—Extend the backup function to non-WD drives, unsupported WD drives, and supported remote cloud account folders.

I have been using SmartWare for over two years now without a problem. Here is a link to download the User Manual.

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=15136

The key to my issue is going to be “Upgrade to WD SmartWare Pro—Extend the backup function to non-WD drives, unsupported WD drives, and supported remote cloud account folders.”
Where supported remote cloud account folders needs to sync.

Than you for the link. Finally making headway using my NAS. :sunglasses:

Hi yes I have read everything. One time only did I get the prompt " that it is ready " or something to that effect. Ever since that one time I immediately get “backup successful”.

Also after 2015 I had to move many files etc from ones place etc another • long story. But a self acclaimed “geek” had all of my files and etc filed in a directory that wasn’t even in the C: drive !

Do I need to do something (and if so what) to indicate to the external “My Passport” where to backup FROM?

Thanks for any help!