Slow writing speed

hey guys ’

i bought WD my cloud ex4100 expert series and im sure many have asked about this subject , getting 11.3MB/s 

im in israel and i have a router and i dont know how to check if it supports 1gbit line , and most important speeds in israel are rather slow , do i have to have access to 1gbit speed or just have a router that can handle it?

thanks

Hi, welcome to the community.

If you are talking about local network speed, then the router, the cables and the computers need to support gigabit speed.

• Go on google and do a search for your router brand and model, this will tell you if the router is gigabit or not.

• If you are using the cable that came with the EX4 to connect to the router you are set on that part, however you need to make sure that the cable you use to connect the computer to the router is at least CAT5e.

• Go on google and check if the computer network card supports gigabit.

1 Like

If you had looked at some of the questions in this topic you would have found this thread about your problem:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud-Expert-Series/Write-speed-at-11MB-s-only/td-p/896986

In this thread, you can see how he solved his issue even though he did not have a gigabit router; by buying an inexpensive gigabit switch!

2 Likes

first thanks for answering , i figured a solution not long after i posted the question.

thanks all!