Slow transfer speed

I’ve bought the WD MyCloud 3TB and it’s been a terrible experience.

The speed rates are terrible and the disk is so slow.

I did a little benchmark and it performed like this. Is it normal?

It is updated with the latest firmware and already did a reset.

Disk Speed Test
caricare immagini

Post your network set up. 

At what speed it’s connected to the network?  (green or yellow led at the back?) 

Green lights at the back.

Speed: 300 Mbit/s

I agree with LinAdmin.

Though you CAN test a NAS with it, the results aren’t really appropriate except when comparing other NASes. 

In particular, the Lots of Small Writes / Reads (particularly random access) will torture ANY NAS.

I am also getting very slow speeds with the 3TB My Cloud, please help I am very frustrated!  Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 20.42.25.png

I’m getting 1/2 hour for 14GB

I don’t know you but i haven’t a gazillion photos to upload to MyCloud mainly big files like movies.

This is a real life transfer speeds from MyCLoud to PC ( Free File Sync ):

Download.PNG

Download speed from MyCloud to PC 53,7 GB in 14 minutes 2 seconds at an average speed of   65,3 MB/Sec.

This is a real life benchmark not a fancy synthetic one…

From PC to MyCloud i have result in 50 - 60 MB/Sec of average.

Sammerbella, i understand that you are just fine, but I and many other aren’t :frowning:

14GB in 30min is +/- a rate of 7MB/s !

I’m using a macbook air with a wireless connection with a CISCO Routern (n tecnology)

To copy the file just used the regular “finder”.

What kind of LAN setup do you have?

In a well configured Gb LAN  (Router, MyCloud and PC) if nothing is wrong:

• No disabled services like network discovery…

• No security suite heavily firewalling and anti-virus filtering any ***** byte transfer from/to MyCLoud

• No use of WAN software for lan transfer. (i.e. WD one…)

• No USB2 as source.

Correctly mapped shares as network drives over:

• SMB or NFS in windows (or even SSHFS)

• SMB in OSX  (or even SSHFS) no AFP

- SMB or NFS in linux  (or even SSHFS)

Use of file efficient file managers who can handle huge amounts of files/folders like

• Free file sync (backup/sync/mirror with or without batch files) windows/OSX/linux

• Teracopy (powerful copy/move tool)

And a little amount of common sense to avoid 3864783 other simultaneous operations while copy/moving/backing up 200 or 500 GB of data between MyCLoud and computer…

LinAdmin, I don’t have at the moment other computer to try.

Meanwhile i did a little change. Just for the fact of changing from “afp” protocol to “smb” gave me at least twice the speed.

We are working on some things that may help this.