Slow connection in the same network

I have very slow connection to access “myCloud” from inside the same network/same router. Regarding booth dashboard and desktop interface. Faster connection from external pc??

Somebody know about this??

How are you determining you have a “slow” connection on your local network?
Is the My Cloud connected to a Gigabit router?
How is the computer or device that is being used to access the My Cloud connected to the local network? Wifi? Ethernet?

More information about your network setup and speed of the networking ports on the router and the computer/device are needed. Generally on the local network one would use Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder to access the My Cloud to copy files to and from the unit. It helps to “map” the My Cloud to the computer for easier access.

Hi, thanks for rapid answer. No I do not have a Gigabit router. I have a Huawei HG8045H GPON. Delivered from my ISP. Works great. The MyCloud is connected with Ethernet and the computer is also connected with Ethernet to the router.
I have a good fiberoptic connection 20mbit. Have the same router and speed at my office, but from there the connection is faster… very strange.
When using the Windows explorer for copying files etc it’s very fast. It’s when using the dashboard for admin that it gets so slow. And connect via desktop interface. I use Windows 10.
Sorry… I don’t have more facts about portspeeds etc… do not have any usermanual or tech data…
But I can login to the router… what shall I look for?
Thanks for conserning Th

It is not clear if the Huawei HG8045H has Gigabit networking ports or not. The broadband speed isn’t an issue since your having problems across the local network. Only for remote access would broadband speed be a factor. If you do not have Gigabit networking ports on the Huawei HG8045H then the speed (copying data) will be slower. One can run benchmarking programs (like CrystalDiskMark - http://crystalmark.info/?lang=en) to get the general transfer speed between your computer and the My Cloud when copying data. There are many factors including the speed of the network, speed of the hard drive, and other issues that can affect copying speeds across a local network connection.

There is some discussion on copy speeds in the following thread:

https://community.wd.com/t/before-you-pack-up-your-wd-and-return-it-lets-talk-about-copying-speeds/91887

If you have not updated the firmware for your My Cloud to the latest version you may want to do so. Particularly if you use the older v4.x firmware on the first generation single disk/single bay My Cloud. The latest v4.x firmware seems to load the Dashboard slightly faster. Otherwise the Dashboard has always been a bit slow in loading or updating the information on the Dashboard page. You can use the search feature, magnifying glass icon upper right, to search for other discussions on the slow loading Dashboard issue.

Good.

The Dashboard is a control interface. Yes, it can be slow to update, especially after a re-boot, when it is busy indexing media. But, once set up, you rarely need to use the Dashboard, so I’m happy they’ve apparently given it a low task priority compared to the file and media server functions.

For access when local to your network? Don’t use it; create network drive mappings instead; a FAR better solution.

Google it.

Ok tnx for good answers …I can live with it. But I’m confused that I get higher speed when accessing with the desktop interface from an external pc 10 km away…