"Skip to Desired Time"

that worked out of the box but not anymore. an update to 1.12.xx broke it. the latest firmware, 1.13makes no difference.

all i get is a spinning wheel. “resume” works without a problem.

any ideas?

a multitude of formats and containers were tried, all fail.

thanks

Same with me (left it 1 hour and still not resume playback) but not tried on today’s new FW update,

it’s march 2013 and I have the latest bug ridden firmware and skip to dsired time is still not working.

It has never worked for me either, or at least, it fails so often (and takes so long anway even if it might occasionally work) that I learned early on not to ever try to use “skip to desired time.” USUALLY you can just fast forward to get to a point later in the movie, but even that is risky as it will crash / freeze even then. Then it’s “unplug / replug” time. Again.

There are some fanboys here who will claim it works perfectly and always has.

roscolo wrote:

There are some fanboys here who will claim it works perfectly and always has.

That statement defies logic.  Folks who have systems and media that work are fanboys?    No, they’re just people who know what they’re doing.

In order for Skip-to-time and Chapter skip to work (accurately) the media file must have correctly interleaved “cue” marks.  

If your media lacks these cues, then Skip-to-time won’t work correctly, and Chapter Skip will be terribly innacurate.

I’m not worried if it’s accurate. At the moment it just hangs - all you get it the little arrow going round. I’ve tried waiting, i set it to skip to 1 hour into a film. after 40 minutes it was atill hung. That sounds like a bug to me.

roscolo wrote:

USUALLY you can just fast forward to get to a point later in the movie

Or use the well-known 10-minute skip.

You don’t say! And what about the guy who’s been fast forwarding all this time? Do you think 10 minutes skip will make it easier for him? (And do you actually think I care about your opinion?)

Skip has always worked for me on the SMP with rips of blu-rays by Makemkv, and it continues to work just fine.  Skip does not work with Makemkv rips of DVDs, however (causes video to stop playing, and must back out–but does not hang SMP).

Mmh, have never tried that, all my DVD rips are ISO.

Everyone needs to calm down. Personal opinions aside, to the OP, try rolling back the firmware to one that works. Here are some instructions: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/p/208,393/session/L3RpbWUvMTM2NDIyNDM5MC9zaWQvYlN4eUcybWw%3D.

I have not had any problems with any of the firmware releases for this particular feature, but I am not denying that there may be a firmware bug release.

Hopefully a rollback will help the issue you are having.