Simultaneous Mac (HFS+) and NTFS external USB drives causes MyCloud to freeze

I run a mixed network of Macs and PCs in my dev shop and am trying to get data centralized using the MyCloud and a few external USB drives. 

I have been able to get both the USB drives (one HFS+ and one NTFS) working through the MyCloud individually, but when I try to connect both through the USB hub simultaneously, the MyCloud seems to freeze. I can no longer access it through the web or through Finder/Windows Explorer. At which point I have to unplug the devices from the MyCloud and unplug the MyCloud power to reset it. 

Is the MyCloud able to have both HFS+ and NTFS USB drives plugged in simultaneously?

I’ve disabled Media sharing/iTunes server/DLNA server on all shares to not complicate set up on these photo/video heavy disks. I am still in the window that I can return the MyCloud, because it does seem to be wonky. But if I can get it to work, it has a lot of potential. 

Thanks!

you might need to use the solution within this post to get them to work… give it a shot…

Solution last words - disconnection from network & USB attachment followed by disconnection