Shared Folder

Additionally, I tried using the utility … copy files from MY cloud to MY CLOUD HOME and here’s the message:

prod-afc067390789579.mycloud.com is currently unable to handle this request.

Thank you WD for fixing a product that was not broken!!!

Hi Matt,

It’s 2.5 years now, any progress on this? I think this is a basic function for a user to limit the size or create partition for backup and other things.

Thanks!

Unbelievable even had a reply back from WD agreeing but saying nothing.
I have a My Book Live and it has great sharing features but they discontinued the ability to create remote shares when they introduced new products like the My Cloud Home.

TBH I bought this for the embedded Plex server and to replace My Book Live , never realised they would not include basic file sharing especially as there are secure samba systems out there, more secure than windows.

I have to keep both but my next NAS system won’t be a Western Digital its not as though it cost them much to develop as tcore NAS features are open source and built into most linux implementations. they just let marketing drive the product features around social media use as though everyone in the family would want there personal files etc shared.
I guess WD management must be 18th Century because My sons wouldn’t share with me and visa versa apart from family friendly stuff.
They are idiots my sons laughed at the idea, we set up pvt shares on the old MyBookLive with a workaround :wink: after they killed the service.

Just bought a new pen based W10 system and mad as hell WD have not implemented decent sharing.
At least I can get my own back as the family IT guru and as a an ex IT Manager and Engineering Dev Team Lead I never recommend or consider WD and I have a lot of influence with the National and local IT.

I totally agree!

Sorry WD but to open old wounds up what use is a NAS drive you have pretty much locked down. I bought today not realising as, I have a drive from 3 or 4 years ok that ummm worked as a NAS!! I found the forum after going round in circles trying to use MY drive, it actually feels like WD think they still own it & have locked it down to protect it!!!
Sorry for my English & Grammar everyone

2 Likes

Any update? This situation its so stupid…

Please, we only need to share a folder
I found this My Cloud Home: Shared Content Not Seen in WD Discovery Desktop App

1 Like

I followed the directions as found here to show the LAN sharing (My Cloud Home: Share File and Directory Content and clicking on the storage locations link). However, when I click on mine, it is asking for credentials to connect to it locally. Any one have any idea? My My Cloud Home credentials do not work.

It is something me and my girlfriend thought was possible.

I do like the idea of private space on the device, but would love to see the ability to create a shared fold that anyone on the same device can see, including the ability to drag and drop from the device shared folder and privert folder.

I would love to see this as a feture to be added in an update.

So what did everyone end up buying instead? We have the My Cloud but its so slow and cumbersome thats why we thought we were upgrading to My Cloud Home. Without a true shared folder it just doesn’t work for us. I’m guessing we will have to jump to another brand as sad as that makes me.

Picked up the offer as a replacement for my MyBook Live which was effectively bricked by the security holes.

Registered an account to agree with the comments above on this being a “dog’s breakfast”

• \wdh\Public can’t be accessed via the app or browser remotely
  • Browser created files can’t be accessed over the LAN by a share

Whoever designed this should get the boot.

0/10 have told my friends to avoid. Going to ebay the WDH Looking at Synology next.

Please someone tell me this is fixed. I copied everything to the drive already, i don´t want to return this.

I didn’t even look this question up before the purchase, a shared folder in the local network is a basic thing since the 90’s

@mddimmick @WD_Admin - Please confirm if any of the updates promised in this post have been implemented and rolled out? I don’t have any of the updates promised in this page. I am not that happy with your MyCloud products though. Now that I have it I have to ensure its used properly. But not in the current state you guys have given us. Thanks

Is buying “MyCloud Home Duo” really worth, I have bought Netgear NAS which is basic than MyCloud long long ago and it performing better than WD MyCloud devices.