Sentinel - RX4100 - MS Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials - EOL?

Hi,

Below is a link suggesting that MS was going to support the embedded MS OS used the RX4100 until 2023-2024. I started out trying to confirm that was the case.

After emailing WD and asking I received the following replies. Seems a waste to depreciate functioning hardware just because MS is no longer going to provide OS updates but it appears that is the case.

I looked on MS site for information and found that it was not being supported beyond January of 2020.

Below are the 2 replies from WD support.

If anyone has anything to the contrary please post the same.

Thanks,

Paul

Dear PAUL ANTONACCI,

Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support. My name is George.

Based on your concern, I would like to inform you that we do not have an official end-of-support notice for this, and WD can’t speak for Microsoft. Also, my apologies for the slow reply.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,
George
Western Digital Service and Support
http://support.wdc.com

2nd Reply… after asking for more information…

Dear PAUL ANTONACCI,

Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support. My name is Adam. I am with the level 2 support team.

I would like to inform you that this device was manufactured in collaboration with Western Digital and Microsoft. We provide the hardware and Microsoft provided the software updates. The OS installed on this device is OEM version of server 2008 which was manufactured by Microsoft. Therefore, any updates related to the software are provided by them. The device was deemed EOL by WD and we stopped manufacturing it.

Since the device was manufactured a long time ago, it is not compatible with most of the hardware and software that are available today. Due to this limitation, we are not able to provide any other update on it.

You may also refer to the link below to check our contact number and support hours:

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,
Adam
Western Digital Service and Support
https://support.wdc.com