Samsung Smart TV, no files found on the connected device

im hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction as ive been googling and researching all evening and cant fix this.

I purchased today a Samsung Smart TV (UE55ES8000UXXU) Ive added it to my home network viat ethernet and everything works fine apart from accessing my MYB.

under the Source options i have :

[MyBookLive]TwonkyMedia

ReadyDLNA:WNDR3700v3

if i select either of the above i am showing no files at all, there is a mixture of files mp3,mp4,avi etc on the drive and i can access them fine via my jailbroken Apple Tv2 and WD Tv STB’s.

both the MBL and the TV are running the latest firmwares. im at a loss where to go next, so im posting here and on a Samsung forum.

thanks in advance

Bry

There seem to be a compatibility problem with the my book live and the Samsung TV’s. Check the link below. 

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live-Duo/Samsung-TV-Can-t-see-MBLD/m-p/467564/highlight/true#M2092

tht appears to be a diferent fault, i can see my drive but no files are visibile when i enter them. I also understand there is a known issue with the TV and WD drives in regards to streaming mkv files but i cant find any known issues like mine.

very frustrating, i have seen some people talk about upgrading twonky? not sure what this is and also dont know if its a workaround for my particular fault.

I have the same problem.

I have around 300GB’s on a 2TB system and I cannot access the content. I have a Samsung LED TV 55UE8000.

I can see the files from my computer. I can see the drive from the TV, bt says there is nothing on it.

When I initially copied some files, it read them and I could play them fine- took ages to copy the 300GB, so don’t really want to do it again.

Anyone know a solution?

OK.

So the fix ix easy- but no one has bothered to post it on here- so I will hopfully save the next person some frustration.

I got this from WD help/support email- so I did not find it myself.

Got to P114 of support maual regarding rebuilding the library.

Before anyone judges, I am not a techno minded person, so I hope this helps others.