Same workgroup PC cannot see the shares but can see the WDMYCLOUDMIRROR!

I have added the drive to the home workgroup “MSHOME” and the Windows computers can see this name. However, when I go to map a drive it comes up with an error saying “\WDMYCLOUDMIRROR is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource.” It ends with “The remote procedure call failed and did not execute” - then OK. If it were a permissions thing I would still expect to see the public shares and then for it would prompt for a username and password. But no, nada, it ain’t happening. Can’t find out what i’ve missed? if it helps initial setup done on a Imac running Mavericks and the Windows PC is running Vista SP3. It also works OK from an ipad on IOS 8 using the Mycloud app.

I need the PC connection to work so my wife can access from her Windows 8 laptop

Thanks in advance 

Have you tried with the “Workgroup” workgroup as opposed to MSHOME?

I have a MYBOOKLIVE drive which connects with no issues using mapped drives with the PC and is equally accessible from the MAC and iPads - all I’m trying to do is replicate ths with the new WDMYCLOUDMIRROR - and for some reason I cant. 

Changing the workgroup name doesnt logically shouldnt make a difference - thats why I’m quering it? I think the issue lies with the WDMYCLOUDMIRROR and some permiissioning problem. 

Thanks in advance

Had a similar issue. See this thread for possible help in resolving your issue:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Can-t-access-private-share-from-a-Windows-7-PC/td-p/702380