Safepoint and other event codes

My new setup seems to be taking much longer than I think necessary to update safepoints.

• 3 TB MC firmware v04.01.03-421
  • 2.7 TB free
  • Automatic updated enabled at 1:00 am
  • 4 TB My Book Studio always connected via supplied usb3 cable
  • Cloud access (internet) disabled
  • Energy saver enabled
  • Notification obtained from dashboard :

Your safepoint was updated successfully. (5)

Your safepoint MC on the My_Book_Studio share on PetersKincaid was updated successfully.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 4:04:30 AM Code 2102

It’s obvious that code 2102 indicates success, but are there any other ‘meanings’ associated?

Is it normal for a safepoint update of .3 TB to take 3 hours?

How to speed up this process?

Where’s the event code definitions? I failed to find them in the manual or online!

I don’t see My Cloud ever entering standby mode (blue light pulsing). Is this normal?

Hello there, I do not have this information and the other event codes are not on the user manual either. Regarding the safepoint taking 3 hrs, I have done this but i never time the time it would take so i don’t know if its is normal for it to take 3 hrs. It is rather strange that the drive does not go to stand by, but i wonder if you have any software that could be accessing the drive. 

1 Like

Thanks for the reply ArMak.

I can say that I caught My Cloud in a standby state today - 1st time./ So I don’t think that’s an issue.

I’ve opened a case about the event codes and the time it’s taking for  safepoint.  Hopefully I’ll at least get an answer to where the event codes are defined!

3/11 Update:

Called about the case# I opened yesterday and was informed that:

• 24 - 48 hours is normal for email cases
  • 3 hours is unacceptable for .3 TB safepoint
  • event codes are not available (at least according to this rep I contacted

He suggested the following:

• disconnect My Book,
  • factory reset MC (system only) from dashboard
  • connect MB to Mac and reformat to Mac OS extended journal

3/12 Update

Factory reset resulted in an unuseable system - resolved using these steps:

• Pulled the plug, performed a restore via paperclip, then full sustem restore took ~ 9hours
  • Configured MyCloud completely bypassing wd2go registration using dashboard
  • Insured firmware was current
  • Reset time zone to GMT -5 (Eastern - was set at Pacific)
  • Turned off all media streaming and cloud access
  • Set up users
  • rebooted MyCloud
  • Noted a 3 hour time discrepiency between Dashboard and email notifications
  • First Time Machine (25.79 GB) took 38 minutes

3/14 update

had problems with MC and safepoints ever since the factory “full restore”

almost impossible to use a 4 TB My Book Studio many times wouldn’t mount. MC was many times was only accessible using a Windows or Linux file browser. I reset my network completely and still had problems. Just prior to me posting this My Book wouild not mount at all, and MC was terribly slow to respond to dashboard. I connected My Book to Linux and reformated to ext4, when I reconnected it to MC it mounted very quickly. 

During this process I noticed there was a 3 hour time delta between actual Eastern Time and the time of Notifications.

I received an update from my email case  which stated …

“In regards of the list of error codes for the WD My Cloud, I proceeded escalate this case to request this information. Please allow us 24 - 48 business hours to provide you with a resolution.”

On 3.15 I started getting errors on safepoint automatic updates. There were 2 event codes (1100 and 1102) associated with the failures. I eventually had to delete the existing safepoint and create a new one with a different name. I contacted level one support asking for the definitions and they forwarded me to level2 support. After explaing in great detail how exactly I’m using the system level 2 support has now forwarded this situation to engineering. Apparently the code generation should NOT have happened with the scenario I outlined. I’ve had a couple days success now with no failures. Of course I’ve not been populating MC in the manner I’d like.:cry:

Hi,

would appreciate an update on this thread - did you get any response on the error code meenings?

i’m trying to get a safepoint done but have a variety of errors.

Warm regards,

Chris

I have no further information regarding error codes I’m sorry to report. I gave up asking