RMA - Not able to sumbit address

That error message, “Address not verified,” is really for the credit card billing address. You need to make sure that the billing address that you enter for your credit card is exactly the same as is shown on your credit card billing statements.

Hi Bill,

This is not true. I tried to use both combinations: use shipping and billing addresses of my residence (my card is registered to this address, i copied it from bank contract), and use shipping and billing addresses of my office (my corporate card is registered to office legal address), site hasn’t accepted both variations.

Using combined, my residence address as shipping address and office address as billing address and corporate card your website didn’t accept, saying ‘ZIP code is not matching’, so, no way to go with such approach.

Hello,

i has exactly the same problem. “Billing address not verified”

I see that only a special set of chrachters are allowed… But as im in Germany here are Streetnames like “Hallostr. 33a” you see the point at the end !! That is a not allowed sign in you sheet. Also we has on our credit card the orginal city names like “München” a ü is also a not allowed characters.

rg
marcel

Same here: Billing address not verified

My address and name contains character ‘ä’ (a with dots)

I can’t believe WD still has not fixed this! Totally unacceptable!

It’s painful enough to have drive fail in less than a year let alone having to spend hours and hours trying to get RMA just because WD doesn’t really seem to care about it’s customers and fix their web page.

WESTERN DIGITAL: THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD WHO HAVE BEEN TRYING TO RMA A DRIVE SINCE MARCH 2017!! But a bug in your web page is preventing them from doing that.

PLEASE FIX IT!

Opened a ticket, waiting for reply.

edit:
@Bill_S Can you escalate this case? Any feedback from your programmers?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Old link to RMAs

What is the update to this? I am trying to RMA a drive and running into this exact error. I have verified the address with my credit card statement.

Hi @Wintersedge - I asked one of our developers to look into your account (thanks for using the same email here - not everyone does) and see what is going on here. The error returned in your case is “declined by gateway: Address not Verified (5 digit zip match only)”

Essentially it’s saying that the credit card processor is declining the transaction due to an unverified address. There is nothing we can do to bypass this on our side - the issue has to be addressed with the bank that issued the card.

Hello Wintersedge,

I tried reaching your today. However, reached voice mail. Please check your inbox.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem.
I opened a ticket, but nobody cares.

Hi donnermike,

I have escalated your case and some one will contact you shortly.

Hi there,

Same problem for me : “Billing address not verified”

Any fix available ?

Regards,

Looks like it may be an issue with the card being used. I would suggest using a different card or contacting WD support directly to see what options are available.

I’m trying to RMA a drive and getting the same errors as above. One card gives me a “Billing address not verified” and the other tells me I’m missing some information but all is entered. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a similar problem with creating a support case. I type a serial number and it asks for product code. I type the product code and it asks for the serial number.
I’m sure that the manufacturing department used six sigma techniques for quality and defect handling. Its about time the CUSTOMER department did the same.