RMA - Not able to sumbit address

Hello,

I am trying to create an RMA for one of my WD Red harddisks, which has bad sectors. I am trying tu use the option where WD sends me a new disk and then I return me broken disk (with credit card info).

Unfortunately I cannot submit as I always get the error:

Name & Address must be entered in Latin-based languages only.

Can somebody help me? I tried both on Mac/Safari and Windows/Chrome webbrowser.

Hi,

Can you share with us the type of error you are receiving?
Also, WD Support can assist you in creating the Advance RMA
https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

I’m having the same exact problem. Seriously?
Love your products WD and been a big fan for many years, however your website and support skills in 2017 are somewhat lacking. SMH.

Cheers!,
DD

Yeah, same problem here. Why on earth would entering an address on a salesforce webpage be so difficult?! It’s almost as hard as finding a phone number to call WD on the WD website!

Same problem here. Why no fix?

Running Windows 10 and most up-to-date version of Chrome.

Hello Eric_Augu,

As a recommendation, create a case with support.

See if this helps.
https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

I did. Ended up calling support and taking care of the issue with Jose. Seriously, you guys have the nicest people on the other end of the phone. Thanks.

1 Like

same problem here. great they will answer the phone, but this is a site issue keeping people from submitting their defective products.

same issues reported here, among other places: RMA Application Error: Name Address must be entered in Latin - #8 by santacruzskim

please just fix the problem.

This issue has been reported multiple times since last year, many people having the same problem, it’s now end of March 2017 and nothing has been done to fix it. I have twice now been forced to call and create an RMA over the phone because the website apparently has a programming defect. I’m running Chrome on Windows 10, both up-to-date, and I can assure you I am NOT entering text in a non-Latin-based language.

WD - FIX YOUR WEBSITE!

yeah, this is ridiculous. I tried with IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Edge before looking in the forums. I completely disabled all ad blockers & such – no plugins on any browser. Your website does not work, and you’ve known about it for months and clearly do not care.

I had this problem too - I’m fed up with the customer service at WD and won’t be buying your product again. a fault hard drive which is les than 10 months old, several phone call, several emails and this bloody forum and am I expected to pay P+P to send the product back to you?

@Francesca_Jones

What problem exactly are you having? And, can you please post a screen capture of the error including the address bar of the browser?

Screenshot is below. I was told by your tech support on ~Monday by phone that you had this issue, but I could not imagine the error is still there after a week.

If I try to change the address or do anything, the Continue button gets greyed out and I am basically stuck.

Edit: I did file support case for this, but in two days I did not receive any answer.

@Pavel_Piskacek

Thank you, for the screenshot. I’ve passed it along to our programmers.

Opening a support ticket does not help either. I opened one two days ago and have not gotten a response. Just happened upon this forum to see that it has been an on-going problem for a very LONG time.
RC

I too am having the exact same issue. when is WD going to fix their website?

Same here. This kind of issue is mind boggling for such a large company to have.

Address has to be added in the “Profile” page first, before you do an advanced RMA. If the UPS address checker doesn’t like your address and won’t add it, you’re out of luck.

I am having the exact same error! I tried to enter it from profile page and from the RMA page and I’m getting the same error as the screenshot.

My account is very old with WD? Some migration problem!

I am having the same exact problem entering my address, it is already 23rd May 2017! Please fix your website!! Maybe I should write a personal email to your management to get more answers.