Request Official WD Response

Hi Guys,

Obviously, this really ■■■■■, but I still don’t have anything to add.  I do know the update is still waiting for what I said it’s waiting for - way back when.  But that’s all I have to offer.  Sorry.

Bill_S wrote:

Hi Guys,

Obviously, this really **bleep**, but I still don’t have anything to add.  I do know the update is still waiting for what I said it’s waiting for - way back when.  But that’s all I have to offer.  Sorry.

Bill, ever thought about selling used cars?

Not, yet. 

But Bill can you please ask them again and report back to us with what’s keeping the bloody firmware?

I don’t understand why this process is so HIDDEN and CLOSED. Why are we a community if WD is behaving like this?

Can you raise those things to higher management? I’m sure you report to somebody

I hope you can understand that those are valid points, and we as customers deserve an answer!

I have to agree with Mehigh. WD seems to be treating this completely “dead” and gone product like it’s Area 51 - that the firmware is now “held up” by some mysterious force is just plain annoying.

I think I speak for many when I say that I do not honestly believe anyone out there actually WANTS (or is expecting) anything new and shiny for features.

If you are one of those who are expecting miracles in this last release like cool, snazzy 2012 type features - it’s probably better use of your time to purchase a newer WD product that can accomodate those items.

For me - I  am hoping for a very boring (but very solid and well tested) last release that lets me get a few more miles out of the old girl.

VP

They’re working on it, the schedule released date for this firmware will be on or around May 2086. It’s gonna be the best and most advanced fw ever released known to mankind. I hope I have internet access in H3LL

1 Like

I’m sure you’re constant whining will speed things along or at least make WD feel really bad.

I’m sure the constant beating of this dead horse will keep the product alive forever.

The only thing I want out of this firmware update is the random playback on audio fixed.  Given the time it’s taken to roll this update out, perhaps WD should have considered two updates?  i’m gonna be really disappointed if the fix I’m waiting for isn’t in the update.

Bill - I understand you’re in a difficult position but if you are unable to state a release date, are you able to list the things which WD are hoping to fix when the update is released?  :smiley:

80sGuy wrote:

I’m sure the constant beating of this dead horse will keep the product alive forever.

I’m sure with people like you at least this thread will be alive forever.

Techflaws wrote:

80sGuy wrote:

I’m sure with people like you at least this thread will be alive forever.

^^Likewise buddy. Now let’s get back on topic.

PJPro wrote:

The only thing I want out of this firmware update is the random playback on audio fixed.  Given the time it’s taken to roll this update out, perhaps WD should have considered two updates?  i’m gonna be really disappointed if the fix I’m waiting for isn’t in the update.

Bill - I understand you’re in a difficult position but if you are unable to state a release date, are you able to list the things which WD are hoping to fix when the update is released?  :smiley:

Given that you have never posted about this problem I would prepare to be disappointed.

I have posted about this issue but not in this thread. See this one instead.

Random doesn’t seem random Page 7

Happy?

PJPro wrote:

I have posted about this issue but not in this thread. See this one instead.

Random doesn’t seem random Page 7

Happy?

Well it would be difficult to know that as you have a slightly different user name on that thread.

PJPro on here and  PJ_Pro on that old thread which is nearly 1 year old.

OK, so this is my first post here and if I understand it correctly there is some talk of another Firmware release of the WD TV Live product.  I just bought the blinking thing a few days ago and now it appears to be on its last legs…sigh.  The frustrating thing is that I went to purchase the DWA-140 wireless adapter and of course ended up with Version 3 which after looking into things is not supported (only up to 1.3 is)…1.3…wow, that must have been a long time ago.  I hope that this next firmware release will allow me to use my adapter, and a USB hub too so I do not have to wrestle with the b-rad firmware.  I have to say that so far my experience with this product has not been overly enjoyable…though hopefully it will turn out to be :slight_smile:

If you can, return it right away. There will be no firmware update, it has been promised since 2011!

Return the wdtv or the wireless adapter?

I don’t know how much luck I will have doing either!

Return both if you can as other, much better, products have wifi built in.

apnea is right. The WD Live and Live Plus are obsolete units that have not been made for quite a while now. WD has updated the device and the current model is now called the Streaming Media Player (SMP). The SMP has wifi built in, and the firmware is still being updated. There is supposed to be another firmware release for the older units, but it has been a year now since the last update, and it is questionable whether or not it will actually be released.

If I were you, I would return the older obsolete unit and get the SMP instead.

Scandy wrote:

There is supposed to be another firmware release for the older units, but it has been a year now since the last update, and it is questionable whether or not it will actually be released.

No chance of this “mystical” update ever being released. It’s a few days shy of a year now since the last update. I just wish Bill S would stop with the moronic “updates” from HQ saying that the release is immient or “in the pipe” or my favorite - now being held up by some “mystical” force that he cannot (and never will) comment on.

Bill S - do right by everyone and simply issue a statement that this thing is done so we can all just move on.

VP