Remote access troubleshooting

Wonder if this is really a cloud…

Everything is ok on my laptop PC… (W7) but as soon as I try to make a remoite connection it doesn’t work…

I’ve read almost all the contributions on this forum.

My WDCloud as a static IP address

When I try to make a remote connection, I get this message : “Your connection is unsecured. For a secured logout from WD2Go and reconnect then accep the certificat” (english traduction of my message in french :slight_smile:

Folders are visible, but when I click on “Open in explorer”, I get the message “network name unknown”

I can access folders if I install teh WDMyCloud application on the PC, but this cannot be made on any PC.

Interest of a cloud is to be used anywhere and that why I bought this product since it was described as possible…

Also, with the MyCloud application, it’s not possible to use a sync program…

(I use FreeFileSync which is free and does a very quick sync between the PC and the “WDMyCloud”)

For now, it’s not a cloud and I’m very disapointed.

It seems that there are a lot of people like me without any solution…

What WD does for users ??

Hello,

Take a look at this guide about troubleshooting remote access.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/HOW-TO-Troubleshooting-Remote-Connectivity-Issues/m-p/617261#U617261

Of course I’ve read this contribution…

As I said : I’ve read almost all the contributions on this forum to find a solution.

And I’m able to connect with the mycloud application…

So the problem is with the browser… And I tried explorer and firefox…

Still no idea ?

This is the only “cloud” that can only be accessed in local on the home PC with its router…

Am I alone to have this problem ?

That’s pathetic…

Hi mikmer, we forwarded your case to tech support, please check your private messages. 

Thanks Jubei, but for now, they just asked me to make an update of WDMC firmware…

It was already up to date…

Then to de install et re install Java. I made this without success…

By the way, thanks for your help…