Recovering and/or Viewing files on MyBookLive

So yesterday I lost a ton of files on MyBookLIve. Like an overconfident person, I never backed up any of the files. I think the unit got unplugged while moving a table, but I’m not sure. All I know is a full month’s work is gone. Most of the files were Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), but we lost some jpegs as well. Other jpegs are strangely still there.

The device was hooked up to our router as a network storage device that was accessed by both a mac and a pc. I had used it for years with no problems until yesterday.

Two questions for anyone who can help: 1. Are the files still there, but I just can’t see them or access them? 2. If the files somehow got deleted, is there anything I can do to retrieve them?

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can share.

The medication might be close at hand. See this topic: My Book says it is empty when accessed through TV

Especially the last posts.

If I rebuild my files, will that overwrite what’s currently there? I have other stuff I really need.

No, it won’t. In fact it will not rebuild the files themselves, but the database that indicates where they are.
(So it is not the same thing as formatting your drive.)

Thanks for the help, man!

You’re welcome!