Pyload on firmware v3

Hey,

i want install some apps on my cloud. for first i want to install pyload.

can i use this guide

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud/GUIDE-Pyload-on-WD-MYCLOUD/td-p/735132

or what should i do?

I want a media server that shows me film covers or covers from my series or from the music.

what can i do to realise that?

pbpromotion wrote:

I want a media server that shows me film covers or covers from my series or from the music.

Do you want a media server that downloads (from the internet) artwork (cover) for video and audio files? Or do you want a media server that will just display artwork that has already been downloaded or is already embedded in the media file?

The currently embedded Twonky Media Server in the WD My Cloud will show any artwork for video and audio files provided one has either downloaded the files separately or embedded the artwork into the media file. There are a variety of programs to embed artwork into a media file. The free  MediaMonkey program is one such program that’s been discussion in this forum in the past. It has the option of automatically pulling information from the internet and populating the metadata tags, including artwork, for a media file. Otherwise one can safe a JPG image file using the exact same name as the media file and Twonky will use that JPG file for the cover.

Provided you have the artwork, and you name it appropriately, Twonky will display it.

For music, artwork must be called ‘folder.jpg’, and be present in the album folder, e.g.

Artist/Album/track01.mp3

Artist/Album/folder.jpg

For video, artwork must have the same name as the video file, e.g.

‘this_video.mpg’

‘this_video.jpg’

If you don’t have an image file, Twonky seems to grab a frame from somewhere random in the file. This often isn’t very helpful.

Then you will need to select a suitable Media Receiver Type to allow it to serve high resolution artwork.

See Q. How can I get Twonky to provide full size artwork to media-playing clients? In the Twonky FAQ.

If you want something that will go off to some external metadata site and fetch images for you, try connecting to your media folder using SMB. Kodi does this nicely, and you can select one of a number of metadata scrapers to index your media and find ‘suitable’ artwork. These don’t always get it right, though, and will sometimes pick what they think is a ‘close match’, that is, in fact, completely wrong.

In first case i want only the image, and the best will be if this were graphical like maxdome, amazon prime video etc on my smart tv.

is there any reason to solve it?

I’m sorry, I can’t understand your last post; a language problem, I suspect, since maxdome appears to be a German service. Perhaps you could ask on the German forum?

Since you are running V3 firmware, you should be able to use the instructions you linked to install PyLoad. I have no experience of PyLoad, so I do not know if it will do what you want.

What devices do you want to use to access media on your MyCloud? Your smart TV? Does it have a UPnP/DLNA client app?  Does it have network file server support?  Can you add apps to it?

yes sorry.

the german community is very small und there you get no help, that the reason why i post here in the englihsh forum.

yes my smart tv’s, sony bravia and lg smart tv, my ipad mini, galaxy tab, and android tablet and with my laptop.

the tv’s have network file server support i think, i can watch movies that are stored on my cloud. and i can install apps.

For the devices that can use network file server, and can load apps, take a look at the  Kodi media client (was called XBMC). I have that on all my Android devices, and recently changed it to use the file server, rather than the Twonky media server for the few videos I have. It does a nice job of finding film and TV series artwork, and giving an attractive UI.

the problem of kodi is, i must set it up on every device.

i want a central media server and the rest are the clients

TO pyload install:

i have installed it like described in the guide, but after i shutdown mycloud i power it on, and only white light on it for the rest… so i have bricked it :frowning:

can anyone help?

i want a central media server and the rest are the clients

Kodi can be a client, either to a DLNA server or a file server. You don’t have to use it as a media server. But I think you may have previously asked about installing MySQL to host a central Kodi database on the MyCloud, so all your Kodi clients are synchronised.

and only white light on it for the rest… so i have bricked it

How long did you leave it after rebooting? It may still be doing its thing on the media you have on it.

As above, I don’t have experience of installing or running PyLoad. Which install method did you use?  I’d probably have gone for hvalentim’s solution.

you must configure kodi for every client.

and kodi have problems on mycloud i read, on 2,5 tb media kodi get a timeout by initialising.

i leave it a whole night after reboot.

How long can i last for boot? 5,10,15 min?