[PROJECT] Leaving the public cloud with MBL

I’ll start with my little experience…

I have plenty of space on my Skydrive account, but I decided to dump it… WD2GO did not enthusiast me… on the contrary, it kept freezing my PC… so i started using ownCloud. It is easy to install, and it is rather complete as cloud service. But it is very slow, even when accessing it on LAN… the sync desktop client if awful and consumes a LOT of resources on my PC… at present, I removed almost completely skydrive from my PC (mind you, I am working on a windows 8.1 preview), I syncronized MBL media shares (Pictures, Video, Music) to my correspondent libraries, leaving the files online (not offline) and I synchronized my private, documents MBL share to my Docments library on my PC with two-way [BitTorrent Sync](http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/17214-help-installing-bt-sync-on-wd-mybook-live/page hl mybook) (the files are available off-line and sync between the share and the documents library). The latter is SIMPLY AWESOME in performing its job!!!

The files on my MBL media shares continue to be available on my PC thanks to OpenVPN, which allows me to work as if I were at home, inside my LAN.

It would be nice to have also HTTP access of my online and off-line files, but after trying h5ai php directory index, and although attracted by other directory listing, I still have to understand how to go about the port to be used to access my shares via index.php (port 80 is busy with the MBL dashboard)… it would be nice to have something that allows you: 1. to access and stream media from webpage; 2. that allows to share media with others in a simple way.

I have tried to install also Tiny Tiny RSS, but without success…

To be complete, I would also love to install a webmail service, but I do not know if MBL can afford it, and if I can manage it… so far I resorted to using Lavabit.

As for the serch engine, I know there are some out there that can be integrated in a debian box, but for now I use duckduckgo.com

My two cents…