Problems with Amazon S3 Jobs

Yes, quite possibly, I’m afraid. There was an FTP bug that I had reported within a week after product launch that rendered FTP practically useless for 5 months until they finally fixed it in the latest firmware release, but without even notifying in the release notes that it was fixed ( http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX2/FTP-on-EX2-still-broken-in-firmware-1-03-41-3-months-after/td-p/750862 ).

So your Amazon S3 backup feature may someday get fixed…or may never at all, given how few people use it. Not saying that’s a valid reason for an advertised feature to not to work, just saying like FTP, few people really use it (I’d think even far fewer than those who use FTP actually) so they can continue to ignore requests for a fix for as long as they like, unfortunately. For me really the main reason I had bought my EX2 was to use it as an FTP server, and was sorely disappointed but WD did reach out to me and made a generous gesture…so I came off feeling that they aren’t totally unresponsive to consumer complaints, but it seems their engineering teams were/are not adequately resourced and simple bug fixes can take a good deal of time.