Problems whit external USB 3.0 HDD

I have a WD my cluod 4T, it work fine but when attach my 1T HDD USB 3.0 to unit and wait almost 3 minutes, the WD stop to work. it disappears of the NET. I test whit pen drive and work fine…Tanks

Marcelotapia wrote:

I have a WD my cluod 4T, it work fine but when attach my 1T HDD USB 3.0 to unit and wait almost 3 minutes, the WD stop to work. it disappears of the NET. I test whit pen drive and work fine…Tanks

Check the 1 TB format.

The WD My Cloud device supports the following formats for externally attached USB drives:

• FAT32
  • NTFS (read and write capability)
  • HFS+J
  • Linux Ext2, Ext3/Ext4
  • XFS

Pete, the HDD is NTFS and work fine, actualy I can read in my windows net just for 2 minutes, after that the WD is stoped and disappears of the net and dashboard.

Marcelotapia wrote:

Pete, the HDD is NTFS and work fine, actualy I can read in my windows net just for 2 minutes, after that the WD is stoped and disappears of the net and dashboard.

I know there’s no statement about USB poered hard drives in the manual…is your drive powered by a separate power supply or are you depending on MC for power?

I just connect the HDD to WD whit USB 3.0 cable, so I get power from WD my cluod.

Marcelotapia wrote:

I just connect the HDD to WD whit USB 3.0 cable, so I get power from WD my cluod.

If you have a power supply for the USB HDD I suggest that you try with the HDD power supply

Have you seen this:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/WD-My-Cloud-hangs-with-external-USB-storage/td-p/868483

There have been other reported problems with USB hanging the MC.