Preventing WDTV Live to go to internet automatically

Hi,

Is there a way to prevent the device to go to internet automatically and download rubbish like flixster & roten tomatoes stuff?

According to the menu item I found, the best I can do is to choose a option that says “do it once per month”.

Thanks,

GS

gspock wrote:is there a way to prevent the device to go to internet automatically and download rubbish like flixster & roten tomatoes stuff?

Thanks, I had already installed your theme :wink: and indeed, I was rather looking for a way to avoid it.

Next step is than to look at the internals of my router to ban internet access to those specific sites for the WD device, while letting it go and pick up the info I like (movie desc, jacket etc …).

Anyway, many thanks for your answer.

GS

if you’re talking about disabling “Get Content Info”  (which downloads the movie info and thumbnails from the TMDB and TVDB)

then set it to Manual

Setup > System > Get Content Info > Manual

Thanks, I did indeed set-up this one as manual, nevertheless there is another parameter somewhere else that automatically gets those info, and this one you cannot disable it, the best is one per month …