Please help!

I used my book essential on a pc to save all my data, I wana transfer everything into my macbook pro but it seems like my macbook pro doesnt recognise anything I dont know what to do, anyone please? I’ve downloaded NTFS-3G on my macbook and not sure whats the next step? I tried connecting my “mybook essential” to my mac but it says No devices found :frowning:

your problem could be a format issue. Even though your my book is pre formatted to windows it should still be read on your mac… try to reformat your drive using your windows computer, format it to NTFS then try to plug it again on your mac…

Which OS is it? I think there are issues with Snow Leopard.

Joe

BeluMahony wrote:

I used my book essential on a pc to save all my data, I wana transfer everything into my macbook pro but it seems like my macbook pro doesnt recognise anything I dont know what to do, anyone please? I’ve downloaded NTFS-3G on my macbook and not sure whats the next step? I tried connecting my “mybook essential” to my mac but it says No devices found :frowning:

Or, if you still have all the data, and you don’t have any files over 4 gb’s, you can also format the drive on your mac using msdos.  That’s fat32, and both os’s read it.  just be aware that eventually, one of the os’s will corrupt it.

ive formatted my windows because it got some issue earlier and i have no idea where to download all that Smartware, Firmware and VCD manager? Does it matter if ive format my windows? 

you mean, you don’t have windows anymore?  if so then you will need to get a mac app that will allow it to read your drive.  if you were using the drive on a windows pc, then you won’t be able to access the files on your mac without software that allows you to read windows files.

i still got my windows, but after ive formatted it all that software that came with the drive are gone. so where can i download all that back to open up my WD? i tried downloading smartware and vcd but its a pain in the arse. Its so annoying :frowning: i just want to open it up so badly

unfortunately, that’s the only way you’re going to get the software.  you have to download it.

when you say, you want to open it, what do you mean?  do you mean access the drive, itself, to copy or read data on it?  if so, go to computer and double click on the drive letter of your drive.  that opens the drive up.