Playing back next video file in same folder automatically

Hi,

As the title, I have been wondering if it possible to have the hub playing back next video file in the same folder, automatically after current video finish playing back.  Look the music playback feature knows to start next file after finsih playing back of current file.  But for video, the hub alway return to the media browsing screen after complete playing back a video file.

I have been searching the setting menu to find if such setting available, but I think it doesn’t exist.  Can this be listed as feature request for upcoming firmware update?

Thanks & best regards.

You just need to press the “play” button instead of the “OK” button.

From page 37 in the Manual

Locate the video file you want to play.

• To begin playback of a single video file, highlight the file, and then press OK. „
  • To begin playback of a video playlist, highlight the playlist name, then press PAUSE/PLAY. „
  • To begin playback of all video files in a folder, highlight a video in that folder, then press PAUSE/PLAY.

You can find other usefull tips throughout the manual as well

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705046.pdf

Good Luck

-P

2 Likes

Hi,

To start video playback, I almost always used “OK” button, instead of the “Play/Stop” button and didn’t notice the differences between them,  Thanks very much for pointing that out.

Best regards.

I used to have no problems having the next video in a list play back automatically, but now it has seemed to stop doing that.  Instead, even when hitting play on the first video in a list, it stops after that first video and does nothing.  It doesn’t even return to the list.

I first noticed it on a .m3u playlist I used for video at a party.  It worked fine when I first set it up.  But I went back and tried to use recently and it would no play more than one video at a time.  Experimenting I noticed that it wouldn’t even continuous play within a simple folder anymore either.

Hoping someone else has seen this and has a solution. Hope it wasn’t a firmware update issue, perhaps a mistaken setting change. 

Thanks