Petition to change the firmware to the classic WD My Cloud

WD won’t listen to you. In fact, you’ll most likely have to take matters into your own hands by installing a different OS on the MCH.
I was able to install Debian (Linux distro) on my MCH thanks to this tutorial: https://community.wd.com/t/install-debian-on-wd-my-cloud-home/250061/20

All I had to do was get an empty FAT32 USB, extract the 7Z archive on it, plug in into the MCH and hold down the reset button for a while. The OS installed itself within minutes, and I finally had an NAS that isn’t a piece of garbage - for example, I don’t need internet connection & WD Discovery to access it, and the data transfer speeds are much faster (almost 1 Gbps)
The cool thing is, it also comes pre-installed with a neat little browser UI called OpenMediaVault, which essentially gives the user full control over the MCH, whilst still keeping things relatively simple.

The only downsides to doing this are that you’ll most likely lose warranty and setting up remote access to the MCH won’t be as easy as with the original firmware.