[PACKAGE] Syncthing for WD My Cloud

What is Syncthing
Syncthing is an application that lets you synchronize your files across multiple devices. This means the creation, modification or deletion of files on one machine will automatically be replicated to your other devices. We believe your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored. Therefore Syncthing does not upload your data to the cloud but exchanges your data across your machines [in this case the WD My Cloud NAS] as soon as they are online at the same time.

Official Syncthing website

Download for OS5
Old Download WD application binary.
Simply install it as a 3rd party app in the Apps tab of the WD web UI.

Source on github

Tested on PR4100 and EX2Ultra. Let me know if it doesn’t work for you.

2 Likes

THANK YOU!

So glad to find this. Please keep it updated. I’ll follow on github.

Updated with OS5 version: Service End for Bintray, JCenter, GoCenter, and ChartCenter | JFrog
Should come to wdcommunity soon.

Hi there,
I wanted to try out Syncthing on my My Cloud EX2 Ultra with OS5.
Yesterday I managed to download the files on the website you shared but it failed to install on my NAS.

Today, when trying to download leads to an error and the web page read “forbidden” in plain text.

What am I missing? Why is it still not on wdcommunity?

Best

AF

I am a newbie here, trying to configure my first WD EXT2Ultra from yesterday.
What I understood here, the ready-made build of Syncthing 1.11.1 is no longer available in jfrog. So, I compiled the binaries from the github source code.
Now, I installed Syncthing on OS5 and it is running upersmooth.

I suggest to freshly compile from the official git from wscommuniy. If you feel it difficult, you can download the binaries from my repository (however, I don’t recommend downloading and install code compiled by unknown folks)

Perhaps something was broken with the latest firmware update because these packages don’t work for PR4100, firmware version 5.15.106.

https://github.com/WDCommunity/wdpksrc/releases/download/syncthing-v1.1.0/MyCloudPR4100_syncthing_1.1.0.bin

Complains:

The app you are trying to install is for My Cloud OS 3 which is not compatible with the My Cloud OS 5. Please check the app version and try again.

https://github.com/soumyamaity/wd-syncthing-1.11.1/blob/main/MyCloudPR4100_syncthing_1.11.1.bin

Complains:

Incompatible app package file. Please check the app package and try again.