No longer able to access http://wdmycloudmirror/

http://wdmycloudmirror/ used to be my method of accessing my MyCloud Mirror Gen 2 drive on my home network.

I ran the 2.31.195 update last night, and when I woke up this morning (and had to reboot my drive because it was inaccessible), I was unable to access the drive in this manner. Instead, I had to go directly to the IP address in order to get to the web dashboard. I can still access the drive as a network mounted storage device.

Is this a new feature of the update? Or is there something more I need to do/change?

Has the device name in Settings/General got changed accidentally? I updated to 2.31.195 a while ago and both methods work for me i.e. by network name or IP.

Go to nas in SSH, and do this:
cat /etc/hosts
if there isn’t the hostname there asociated to the IP, the problem is this, you need to change manually…
You need to know how to work with “VI” editor and connect to rrot user or sshd user.
Bye

This is what was returned when I entered the command you suggested.

Does that reveal anything in line with what you were saying?

Hi Jeff,
you need to add this line:
WD_NAS_IP wdmycloudmirror.localhost

example if you NAS have IP: 192.168.0.80
root@WDMyCloudMirror root # cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.1.1 WDMyCloudMirror
192.168.0.80 wdmycloudmirror.localhost
::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

to edit the file you need to use “VI” editor… is a text editor…
Manual => VI Editor with Commands in Linux/Unix Tutorial
Reboot the NAS and then it work.
In any case… if you put the IP in the browser it allways work… is not a big deal use the IP or the name… is a translation of the IP to the name…

Bye

When I made this post back in October 2019, I was encountering an issue where the dashboard would be inaccessible unless I restarted the NAS. I believe that this has mostly been resolved as having been an issue with the drive having been 95% full with content as it was a Plex movie server. The other post that you are helping me with (which is a more recent issue, possibly related) is that when the CPU gets taxed, I can not access the device, which makes sense overall.

Is it likely that this is still a networking issue? Or one of hardware/computing power?

If you can access in SSH is not a network issue. There isn’t a hardware or Power issue, I think is configuration of NAS.
I have several problem to access to web/dashboard, when I stop the deamons it work really good… my disk was processing the photo image all the days, for months then with the stop process it work grate all… this NAS use a small CPU and it get crasy so fast when use many process at same time…
Test it now, and say me if need extra help.
Bye