No DESKTOP ICON and MY Cloud Home Duo in Finder after Update WD Discovery (Big Sur)

After Update Big Sur Update WD Discovery App on my Mac function BUT the Desk top App and the Map in finder MY cloud Home Duo IS NOT TO FIND in Finder. What I did together with the Chatline
(two times )
a.delete WD Disc APP
b reinstall
c,reboot
Also, the senior adviser says that this was the solution but is NOT!
DOES SOMEBODY HAVE AN IDEA OR THE SAME EXPERIENCE.
Looking forward to hear
HvP

Hello Harry2019,

I’m having the same problem. Instead of the My Cloud Home icon a second hard drive (offline) icon is popping up in the Finder. When I’m trying to sign in with the WD app it failed. Loading, loading to infinity. I haven’t tried out yet what you were told to do.

Continuing the discussion from No DESKTOP ICON and MY Cloud Home Duo in Finder after Update WD Discovery (Big Sur):

Dear Spawn1,
Thanks, so I am not alone. I am a little bit frustrated about the less help I get from WD at this moment. But let us look if we can solve it.

1. By me there is no second hard drive (offline) icon to see, even not the desktop icon
  2. I send you my correspondence ( the chat version). with the senior advisor of WD by mail

the actual problem f: called apple-care : they say : it is a software from WD you have asked them
My IT man says: this is a software program problem: ask Apple/WD
Looking forward to hear what you think /find , Harry

I have same issue and no support from WD, one of the WD representatives told me as it worked with Catalina, it is an issue with Big Sur, contact Apple???

I’ve tried out what WD support suggested to you in the first place but didn’t work for me either.

I am an IT professional for 15+ years.
This is clearly a WD issue.
Anytime an OS/Platform is updated it is then up to the software and app developers to update their app to accommodate those changes.

Example: Update from Windows 2008 to Windows 10. WD must make the updates to their app to accommodate Windows 10. It is not up to Windows to update WD. Windows doesn’t program to accommodate WD. If that was the case then Microsoft would have to program around the thousands of other apps that are out there. Microsoft programs around their own ideology. LOL!

So, referring to Mac users like myself, previously with Catalina there was a mounted drive that was pointing to MyCloud Home Drive. That was automatic. Now with Big Sir that mount has disappeared. Why? It was so helpful.

I understand that WD programs around their ideology but this was a feature that your customers relied on. It is not good customer service to basically say: “this is the way we’re doing it because we can”. Thats just lazy programming.

Go to:
System Preferences → Extensions
Click on Finder Extensions and ensure there is a check next to WDDesktop Finder Extensions
Reboot your computer and attempt to access My Cloud Home data using WD Discovery

WD My Cloud Home on Mac OS Big Sur : not working - #24 by cme?

I have the same issue but on Catalina

Ever since I updated, when I reboot the icons are no longer there. Sure I can manually add them by going into Finder and on the left side double clicking on WD and then again on the share name.

But this always has worked.

I saw Tekram’s post. In system preferences I do NOT see anything under extensions for WD or related.