New WD Clud Home not working

Hello

I am having issues with a MyCloud Home I recently brought new, basically I can’t use it because as of yet I haven’t been able to add it to anything, I’ve tried using the app, website on the phone and PC and despite both being connected to the same network the Mycloud is connected to it can’t find it, it asks me to put my device code in but even when I do that I get an error, I have a solid white light on the device, I tried to reset it but nothing happened I expected the white light to go off but it just stayed on, any help would be appricated, if it’s any help I’m in the UK and trying to connect it through eero connected through my Sky Router I also tried to connect it just on the Sky Router but it still couldn’t be found.

The front LED on My Cloud Home devices is a single color, white. It is either on, off, or blinks with a certain rhythm to indicate a specific “System Condition” defined in the table listed below. My Cloud Home may experience all phases of LED Status on boot up. For more information, please refer to the following KBA article:

I’m on the same boat, brand new My Cloud Home, 4TB, light is solid white, connected to the router, checking on the router settings I can see the drive has an assigned IP address. But My Mac doesn’t see the drive on my network.

When I try to set up on the mycloud/hello site, I get a message saying the drive is not connected to the internet. I’ve tried setting up on mobile and web browser on my mac and nothing. I’ve been trying to get assistance online, chatting with tech, and I’ve been getting 4 days of saying “we are having technical issues and cannot assist”… Very frustrating for a not so cheap device.

I also tried resetting by pressing the button at the back of the drive, but nothing happens, it doesn’t blink, or turn off, nothing after 60 seconds. If I disconnect the power and press the back button, it blinks for hours and does not come back ever. (I left it blinking for 24hrs).

Could be a ISP/Router problem. It could be something as simple as ‘Parental Control’ setting in the router or an incompatible router. It may help others if you mention the country where this type of router and service is located. BTW, the My Cloud Home is a relatively cheap storage device in the USA.