ADSL ROUTERS THAT WORK WITH MyCloud Home?

Thanks for the reply.

WD have a list of Routers that do not work, for various stated reasons.

As I mentioned my TP-Link AC1200 (Archer D5) has no problems. Interestingly the list above includes a different TP-Link device.

The last one I tried was the TP-LINK VR900, with no luck.

UPNP was ‘ON’ and it discovered the Drive (shown in settings), but it never connected externally so its light kept flashing.

Router Firewall was turned off.

DNS settings were those that work with the AC1200.

As you say, it cannot be the external IP changing.

Even setting the Drive as the DMZ device made no difference, ensuring all Ports were available to it.

My main concern was that if and when the AC1200 ‘died’ I needed to know of some other Router/Modems that worked with the Drive, since experiencing problems with others I have tried.

Since it is out of production, that was a problem, but I found a firm that was selling ‘New’ AC1200’s at a very low price, so I bought a couple as ‘spares’ for the future. As they are all the same model it was a matter of a minute or so to use restore so that all my settings were transferred without having to re-enter anything.

Both work fine, and recognise the WD drives as soon as the internet connects.

Really strange that all three of this model work fine, and other Routers, even from the same Manufacturer do not, despite all settings being the same. All other devices work, I.P. Cameras, an NVR for example. Whatever is causing this it is peculiar to WD MyCloud drives, and not just one. I tested another MyCloud Drive with the same results.