New users cannot connect remotely to WD2go

CrazyJazzMan wrote:
Many thanks for the reply.
It does leave the question, will WD be releasing an app for windows mobile? Having rescinded the existing app there will undoubtedly be a large number of people out there left with no usable mycloud function.

Best regards

There is no yes or no to your question.  Since we’re not supporting the Windows phone with a remote app, it’s obvious that we’re not going that way at this time.  However, I can’t say that we won’t change that in the future.  My best recommendation it to post an idea for a Windows phone app for remote access in that drive’s idea exchange. Hopefully, enough people will vote it up and get it noticed.

1 Like

Many thanks,

I’ve posted an Idea in the ideas area, I hope it’s in the right place as it seemed to be a mixed thread/page of uncategorised subjects.

Here’s hoping, but in the meantime all of us Windows Mobile users are basically without a MyCloud.

Regards

1 Like

CrazyJazzMan wrote:

Many thanks,

I’ve posted an Idea in the ideas area, I hope it’s in the right place as it seemed to be a mixed thread/page of uncategorised subjects.

Here’s hoping, but in the meantime all of us Windows Mobile users are basically without a MyCloud.

Regards

Where you put it is fine.  Let’s see how other users respond.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m also a Windows phone user, that got cut out of remote access,

The propose of the a SW upgrade should be to solve problems, not create new ones.

Please resolve the problem with the win phone App.

Best regards.

1 Like

LuisXGome wrote:

Hello,

I’m also a Windows phone user, that got cut out of remote access,

The propose of the a SW upgrade should be to solve problems, not create new ones.

Please resolve the problem with the win phone App.

Best regards.

Did you add your vote to his idea?  If not, please do so.

To make things a little easier, here’s a link to the proposal:

http://community.wd.com/t5/Personal-Cloud-Ideas/Windows-Mobile-app-for-MyCloud/idi-p/906853