New Theme: OHAGI

***** EDIT#2: NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ******

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2840019/Ohagi%20Theme%20for%20WD%20TV%20LIVE%20HUB.zip

***‘’  EDIT: se the images on flickr, follow this link ‘’'* 

****   http://www.flickr.com/photos/58128936@N05/show/with/5345940838/

So, I am proud to present a new theme to the collection. The Ohagi theme that I’ve created is based on simplicity, sleek design and easy-of-use. I have redesigned the basic layout of the Mochi, and added two completely new navigational features. There are a bunch of little improvements of the layout, but the key features are:

• A COVER-FLOW navigation style for videos (image 1)

• A POSTER-VIEW navigation style for videos (image 3)

• Redesign of Dashboard for better overview (image 2)

• Overlay backgrounds on most menus, to create a more dimmed-down look

• Reflexion-navigation-bar, apple-tv-style, with built in dimmer

• Redesign of Online Services Menu, Files menu etc.

It is based on the newest firmware, but a few navigational bugs are still present, so it is still on a 0.98 BETA version, release in the near future…

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

zballz

(excuse that lousy quality of the photos, simply snaps of my CRT-monitor)

We have to wait for the photos to be approved by the moderator.

I see that you have gone from cakes to balls!!

richUK wrote:

We have to wait for the photos to be approved by the moderator.

I see that you have gone from cakes to balls!!

:slight_smile: Yes, from cakes to balls

How long will it take for the photos to be approved?

can you upload photos to another site such as flickr or something so we can see them

and also post a link where the theme can be downloaded?

Pulazki wrote:

can you upload photos to another site such as flickr or something so we can see them

and also post a link where the theme can be downloaded?

done:

see the images here:   http://www.flickr.com/photos/58128936@N05/show/with/5345940838/

Hi,

looks great :slight_smile:

Regards

gerd

wOw ! it looks great nice job with the POSTER-VIEW i really like it:stuck_out_tongue:

Looks excellent, can’t wait to try it.

I’ll be posting a download link soon - probably by tomorrow…

I really like the last view where you display the movie’s dvd cover. Unlike the original theme where there is this xtra space on the right of each picture with name of the movie and running time…which to me is a waste of space. Is it possible in the theme to change the size of the thumbnail?

Poster view does look great. Is it possible to have that poster view for my general Movies folder displaying all movies, but when clicking on a specific movie it shows the metadata?

mzaur wrote:

Poster view does look great. Is it possible to have that poster view for my general Movies folder displaying all movies, but when clicking on a specific movie it shows the metadata?

Well, yes and no. As for the yes part, you can always press “option” on your remote and thus view the meta-data.

No, since what you can change in the mochi is really specific to what XML-file you’re editing. And the only navigation-xml that is allowed to access the meta-data is the Gallery-view. - Bringing any simple meta-data up in any other views is simply not possible (for whatever reason!!). Long story short - since my “poster-view” is not a modification of the gallery-view (but on the browse-list-view) I cannot put metadata into the view … believe me, I’ve tried to crack this for a long time!!! 

Here we go :slight_smile:

OHAGI 0.98 BETA is up, try it out, and please comment:

download here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2840019/Ohagi%20Theme%20for%20WD%20TV%20LIVE%20HUB.zip

enjoy…

zballz

awesome dude, love the poster view… just curious what were the files you edited to get the poster view to be part of available views?

I’m Really enjoying the  poster view right now but some times i like to switch to gallery to view meta data. Is it possible for you to disable the rotating images and replace it with the background you have in poster view ?

I personally don’t like the generic Icons WD has on the home menu for videos, services setup, etc. I would love to see you make some more adcanced ones similar to what the osdmod and Anodized themes had.  I would prefer something like a film reel for videos, a DJ turntable for music. Stuff like that, im not sure how customizable that is but its just a suggestion.

I’ll post more suggestions if i have any tomarrow after i get a chance to use it more.

But really great work man, my favorite theme so far.

marktheshark2k wrote:

awesome dude, love the poster view… just curious what were the files you edited to get the poster view to be part of available views?

Actually the poster-view is not en ekstra view on top of the existing ones - it is a modification of the browse-list view, which is found in the rv_list_browse_page.xml.

nath999 wrote:

I’m Really enjoying the  poster view right now but some times i like to switch to gallery to view meta data. Is it possible for you to disable the rotating images and replace it with the background you have in poster view ?

I personally don’t like the generic Icons WD has on the home menu for videos, services setup, etc. I would love to see you make some more adcanced ones similar to what the osdmod and Anodized themes had.  I would prefer something like a film reel for videos, a DJ turntable for music. Stuff like that, im not sure how customizable that is but its just a suggestion.

I’ll post more suggestions if i have any tomarrow after i get a chance to use it more.

But really great work man, my favorite theme so far.

I didn’t really change anything in the Gallery-view, since it messed up things really bad! But there is a thread somewhere in the forum, that describes how to disable the rotating images - quite simple as far as I remember.

About icons. As you’ve probably found out, I’ve been more focused on getting some improved lay-out style and navigation working, and so far haven’t really done much with the icons. I might get around to it soon… :slight_smile:

Good job soren, good job. There are a lot of clever little improvements build in. I like the “big cover mode” as a good alernative to the stocks ones.

May i give you a recommendation: Include ONLY those xmls file and images into you theme you have MODIFIED.

That gives you the advantage your theme:

• uses allways the latest xml files of the FW with using the MOCHI xmls+images as a base off and not any outdated legacy.theme source files

• becomes more compatibility with future FW releases. The theme will be always up to date maybe except your modified files

• is a bit faster

The reason is when is comes to the xmls or images the FW looks first into the theme folder checking whether a file is present. If so, the file will be used. If not, the internal Mochi file will be taken.

cheers mike

PsychoTHC wrote:

Good job soren, good job. There are a lot of clever little improvements build in. I like the “big cover mode” as a good alernative to the stocks ones.

May i give you a recommendation: Include ONLY those xmls file and images into you theme you have MODIFIED.

That gives you the advantage your theme:

• uses allways the latest xml files of the FW with using the MOCHI xmls+images as a base off and not any outdated legacy.theme source files
  • becomes more compatibility with future FW releases. The theme will be always up to date maybe except your modified files
  • is a bit faster

The reason is when is comes to the xmls or images the FW looks first into the theme folder checking whether a file is present. If so, the file will be used. If not, the internal Mochi file will be taken.

cheers mike

Thx Mike - and thx for your great theme as well :slight_smile:

• Do I understand you correctly, that I only need to include my modified files, then the HUB somehow finds whatever files it needs from the original mochi?

• and another question. When I began modifying, I had no clue it would be so extensive - so to be honest, I have no clue how to find all the files I modified :slight_smile: Any suggestion on this? Basically I edited directly on my HUB… (and all is based on the *.24 FW, although I have copied some images from the legacy)

Correct! As example have a look at my amount of xmls. There are just a few. I have tried to kept the amount of xmls as low as possible becasue of the compatibilty of further FW releases. Otherwise I have to reupdate my theme with every new FW release where xmls have changed.

For your other question: I recommend “UltraCompareProf”. With this you can easyly compare whole folders. Compare the legacy.theme with your OHAGI theme to find out what files are original and which have been modified and drag those modified to a third folder. This new folder will be then your theme folder. Do that with xmls and images :wink: