New Theme: OHAGI

Thx again :slight_smile:

One more question - is it correct that with the new FW the ability to edit certain XMLs has been removed? I cannot seem to find (and edit) the media-fly and youtube xml’s, although they are present in the old legacy-theme???

No, the ability is the same. But WD did remove the mochi theme out of the gpl code, if that makes sense for you…

About the services: You will not be able to edit them because those are not included in the public legacy.theme. The services should not be part of user themeing. Meaning, WD will be “not amused” seeing people modifieing their services menu strucures because of contract and license stuff WD is having with their service partners.

PsychoTHC wrote:

No, the ability is the same. But WD did remove the mochi theme out of the gpl code, if that makes sense for you…

About the services: You will not be able to edit them because those are not included in the public legacy.theme. The services should not be part of user themeing. Meaning, WD will be “not amused” seeing people modifieing their services menu strucures because of contract and license stuff WD is having with their service partners.

I see what you mean. But really I’m just trying to fix a little graphical issue. In the Ohagi theme, if you open youtube or mediafly, you see the white top-bar is really messing up my time-and-weather icons. Since I removed the black-square-backgrounds it is now white on white - not so pretty. I just wanted to change this white-top-bar to red - which would make more sense anyway, since this is the youtube-look… (and to green in the mediafly-menu). Have you got any ideas on how to do this?? I’ve been looking all over for this white-bar-png or xml-code … cant find anything. 

The funny thing is in your theme, ANODIZED 1.3, it seems to grey-down this white-top-bar, so I guess you must have done something to it ? 

Hi Soren, just to add that i just tested your new Theme…

Nice work on the new views…Will def keep my eye on it…

I think what Mike means is that whilst it is possible to modify the services views, it might be frowned upon releasing them (well lets say via the built in official online update feature) publically as they have contracts with the services providers.

Yeah however i do know what you mean re the little graphical issues, a bit more spit and polish and it should really be a shinning theme…

PS your BIG Folder view looks very nice with my customs thumbnails which are available here…

http://www.wdtvlive.net/showthread.php?312-Mega-Template-Pack-1.7

You need the program called thumbgen to generate them.

http://www.wdtvlive.net/forumdisplay.php?16-Releases

extremedigital wrote:

Hi Soren, just to add that i just tested your new Theme…

Nice work on the new views…Will def keep my eye on it…

I think what Mike means is that whilst it is possible to modify the services views, it might be frowned upon releasing them (well lets say via the built in official online update feature) publically as they have contracts with the services providers.

Yeah however i do know what you mean re the little graphical issues, a bit more spit and polish and it should really be a shinning theme…

PS your BIG Folder view looks very nice with my customs thumbnails which are available here…

http://www.wdtvlive.net/showthread.php?312-Mega-Template-Pack-1.7

You need the program called thumbgen to generate them.

http://www.wdtvlive.net/forumdisplay.php?16-Releases

Wow - this looks great. How would I do this from a Mac?

hello,

you mentioned the software thumbgen to “pimp” the theme.

I am from germany and it is very annoying to get the metadata for the movies only in english. With the new firmware and metadata structure might it be possible to generate working moviesheets with thumbgen ?

With the WDTV Live its working fine, but will it work on the hub ?

I am not used to this little fine piece of software for the time beeing.

So anyone has tested it before?

Thankx for info in advance.

Hi Soren, i think it is a windows only program.

I know it is possible to run windows programs on a Mac using the Pararells Desktop or better still something like Boot Camp

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/guide/windows#topic-1

Hope that helps…

gandalf12 i have been meaning to ask the author of thumbgen if he will modify his program to allow for creating the xml file that the hub uses, i will ask him and start a separate thread.

As for moviesheets they dont currently work on the hub, the only way i found of been able to use your own generated moviesheets is to go in via ‘Files’ Mode then you can see both the movie file and your jpg (however note that the hub hides folder.jpg and any jpg files that have the same name as the movie file) so for example if you named your moviesheet, fanart.jpg or moviesheet.jpg then the hub will allow you to view in ‘File’ mode

You know what you could do instead of using that themegen program, is wrap the thumbnail in the xml file with the disc cover as a background…

marktheshark2k wrote:

You know what you could do instead of using that themegen program, is wrap the thumbnail in the xml file with the disc cover as a background…

:smiley: That’s exactly what I’ve already done ! The only drawback is that you can only have a generic cover, and not use seperate ones for blue-rays, HD-dvds, Divx and whatever … but for now, it looks great!

I am trying to figure out also at the moment, how to get the WD thumbnails in a better resolution - it seems it only downloads movie-thumbs in 180x300, which I find a little to small. Especially since the Ohagi poster-view is 300x450 pxls…

first thx for the theme - best i have seen for now!

is there a way to change the resolution of the thumbnails showing in the view where you can browse the movies on the left side and you see the cover on the right side (3. screenshot of the theme on the 1. site of the threat)?

on which .xml file do i make that change, because the apect ratio of the covers is not showing right, its streched on the x axis?

Timo82 wrote:

first thx for the theme - best i have seen for now!

is there a way to change the resolution of the thumbnails showing in the view where you can browse the movies on the left side and you see the cover on the right side (3. screenshot of the theme on the 1. site of the threat)?

on which .xml file do i make that change, because the apect ratio of the covers is not showing right, its streched on the x axis?

Hey Timo,

I’m aware of the problem - I’ll try to sort something out for the release. It is not that difficult to change, but messes up some other stuff on the way. The thing is that the thumbnails come in various sizes and aspect ratios, so I unified them to have some control of screen… But have a go at rv_browse_list.xml if you want to change anything…

Can anyone help, please?

I’ve download the new OHAGI theme and copied the files into the specified folder on my Live Hub.  The hub recognises the fact that the OHAGI folder is there but when I try to either use or preview the theme my tv screen just goes black.  I know the HUB is working as when I press the “back” key it takes me to the theme selection screen as normal.

Am I missing something?

Newbie here: Is there a thread on how-to change skins ?  Thx.

Download link gives 404 error

jasonrn2000 wrote:

Download link gives 404 error

Beta has been removed. Official Release Ohagi v. 1.02: 

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2840019/Ohagi%20Theme%201.02%20for%20wd%20hub.zip

enjoy…