New Release - WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Firmware Version 2.01.86 (12/10/13)

Techflaws wrote:

SuperMario86 wrote

Neither your denying the documented problems that most people have impresses anyone.

Really? So where does this “most people” come from, your personal survey or your sample size of people in this thread ( none of which bothered to take up Tony’s offer to get to the bottom of the 2.01.86 network problem)?

From what I’ve seen here and on Amazon, most people don’t have problems which is why the device is still selling. I’m also not denying anything when I (and the majority of people) am having a completely different experience on the very same hardware and firmware and therefore have a shred of doubt about people’s 100% certainty about the cause. I’ve seen too many self-proclaimed IT experts blaiming the WDTV (“20 years in the field, never seen such a crappy device”) only to later admit it was their antivirus that blocked network connections. And for all his impressive expertise, we’re still waiting for deadlock to put money where his mouth is.

SuperMario86 wrote

now, **bleep** everyone about your pride and stuff and get back to the discussion topic.

So, who died and made you mod?

the fact that you do not have any problem does not mean that every one else’s problem isn’t real.

Maybe the network shares problem that so many people have is referred to a particular network setup or topology, or a particular device they are using that can interfere with the WD Live system.

Anyone that works in a tech support should know that if one person is reporting a problem, it could be a real problem; if two people report the same problem, it should be a real problem; if more than two people are reporting a problem, it is surely a real problem. Tha fact that after the upgrade so many people reported this problem about the network shares (not only one thread, but more) means that there is something wrong with this fw, without any doubt. And, like I said, maybe it is caused by a certain configuration, so not everyone is affected. Only WD engineering team and lots of test can discover what is wrong, we can only make hypothesis.

And finally, people come here to get help from other normal people, not from WD tech support directly. They can be nerdy or they can be complete n00bs, and in neither of the two cases they want to be answered in a rude or in an ironic way like you do almost all the time.