New Release - WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Firmware Version 2.01.86 (12/10/13)

SuperMario86 wrote

Neither your denying the documented problems that most people have impresses anyone.

Really? So where does this “most people” come from, your personal survey or your sample size of people in this thread ( none of which bothered to take up Tony’s offer to get to the bottom of the 2.01.86 network problem)?

From what I’ve seen here and on Amazon, most people don’t have problems which is why the device is still selling. I’m also not denying anything when I (and the majority of people) am having a completely different experience on the very same hardware and firmware and therefore have a shred of doubt about people’s 100% certainty about the cause. I’ve seen too many self-proclaimed IT experts blaiming the WDTV (“20 years in the field, never seen such a crappy device”) only to later admit it was their antivirus that blocked network connections. And for all his impressive expertise, we’re still waiting for deadlock to put money where his mouth is.

SuperMario86 wrote

now, **bleep** everyone about your pride and stuff and get back to the discussion topic.

So, who died and made you mod?