New Release - WD TV Live Firmware Version 1.06.43 (1/17/13)

Same issue, the ISO files not work wih the new firmware 1.06.43_V. With the last firmware this ISO files works fine.

jmlsalas wrote:

Same issue, the ISO files not work wih the new firmware 1.06.43_V. With the last firmware this ISO files works fine.

You likely ought to roll back firmware.  I wrote some new instructions in this thread below just the other day.  Another person wrote back he was succesful with these instructions.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Firmware-Networking/Files-Randomly-Deleted-During-Network-Sha…

Thanks for the info. But with the new firmware my mkv’s videos play correct. If I back firmware this may be lost, and I prefer play mkv’s.

I hope a new firmware fix this issue.

I can only repeat what I’ve written before: ISOs work just fine (from USB) on 1.06.43.

Not sure if someone already posted this:

Slow response on remote control. Takes ages to start to play a mkv movie and long time to resume after scanning forward/backward.

Is someone having the the same issue? Did someone fix it? I did a reset to factory settings, but not clue. Still slow to start/resume from pause/forward/backward.

Can someone help? Do you think a rollback is required?

Thanks.

I made this upgrade recently and I face the following problem: Connected to my TV Live media player is a Seagate Expansion Portable Drive of 1T and everytime I turn on the media player it sees the drive but not its contents. I have to unplug the power cable and plug it again in order to read the content of the drive.

@Sakperi

I have the 2TB version of that drive on my Live and found out long ago that it does the same thing you describe.  I noticed that when you shut off the player, the activity light on the drive itself stays ON for about 10-15 seconds after the Live lights go out.  If you turn the Live back ON before the drive light extinguishes, it cannot see the drive and you have to power the drive right OFF before it recovers.  

Also, make sure the drive sleep from inactive time is something long like 4-hrs.  I found mine to default (when it was new) to only a few minutes and the Live had trouble waking it up if it sat unplayed for a short while.  Download the Seagate tool and perform the settings with the drive attached to a PC.  Once done, it stays set forever.

Also, make sure the drive sleep from inactive time is something long like 4-hrs.  I found mine to default (when it was new) to only a few minutes and the Live had trouble waking it up if it sat unplayed for a short while.

I have Hitachi drives connected to my WD player, and they go into sleep mode after 5 minutes.  Never a problem waking them up when the drives are accessed.  I have Seagate drives that also sleep after five minutes connected to a Pogoplug device.  No problem waking them up, either.

I asked for assistance because, with the firmware 1.06.43,  I could not watch movies in  MT2S format if  the file size exceeded 30Go. The only solution proposed by  Western Digital Service and Support was to roll back the firmware. After that everything works normally.
Thank you to solve this problem and propose a new version of firmware.

Best Regards,

After updating to Firmware 1.06.43, network shares are not visible. I am still able to view Media Servers though.

Private Network

requires logon.

When I redo automatic network  connection, it works, but then after power cycle, I have to redo process again.

Reverted back to 1.06.15

Hi WD I’m really BLOODY FURIOUS !!! about the last [Deleted] FW 1.06.43 … after one month almost all my videos music file and images are become an UNREADEBLE FOLDER !!! WHYYYYYY ??? My HD is new no error (a WD My BOOK ES 1TB) . this issues was happen one mnth ago when fist FW update … I’ve recovered all my lost files (from backup)… and now again !!! I’m fed up to lost every time my files !!! and remeber I DON’T WANT GO BACK PREV FW … coz my nephew usually look new youtube ! SO RELEASE SOON NEW FW WITH THE PACHT OR [Deleted] WD and all YOUR [Deleted] PRODUCT !!!

NO BEST REGARDS & NO THANX [Deleted] YOU

P.S. this issue is worse than VIRUS !!! you can’t delete the files (if not with specialized prog as delete doctor)…

Swearing always helps! This issue has been known for a while and people were advised to go back to 1.06.15.

thx Techflaws for your understanding… I know about this solution and this “old” issue … but this don’t change my mood … the BASICS IS … new FW DON’T MUST BROKEN YOUR PRECIOUS DATA !!! NEVER  … is how to repair your auto and after 100 mt your motor explode !!! … **bleep** !!! … Ok btw I told that I don’t want to go back prev 1.06.15 coz not support new Youtube Laidback … (is for my nephew) …

MTHX & regards for interest

Well, I wouldn’t have tried it a second time after my data was destroyed once. I really hope WD gets it fixed since the problem with the old LIVE is that it can’t be stopped from writing to the drive.

ok below message received from mod in my inbox

Hello masterbutz,

Please accept our apologies for all the inconveniences that you went through, your post has been escalated to the support team to assist you the best we can.

Regards,

MTHX & regards to all

But 1.06.15 does not have match frame rate …

Gosh, we’d really need a wiki page or something with all features of a firmware listed.

Here to give a rightful thanks to ERmorel , WD Totalsupport , and Davide (WD support for Italy) for the effort to try to resolve my issue about files transformed in folders. OK the problem isn’t resolved coz my case (as few by others) is really difficult to replicate but I really appreciate the time that they have spent to me … So time to change and soon I’ll buy the new WD TV LIVE streaming …

thanks for your patience and willingness

regards

Masterbutz, what is your media library setting (on/off)?

Hi cocovanna, the library is setting off, btw I’ve tried to set on too, but nothing change

regards