New Release - WD My Cloud Firmware Release 3.04.01 (3/5/14)

For what it is worth, I am able to connect to the My Book Live device from the internet using an Android device.

SShaffer wrote:

The update on my device occurred at 0530 CST on 03/06/2014 (Today). The connectivity issues started immediately thereafter.

That might have been when you chose to apply it, but the update was released yesterday (3/5/2014)

I also show the update (via the automated email) with an Event time of:  3-6-2014   3:12:19 AM.  I’m assuming that’s local time, which in my case is PST.  I have myCloud set to AutoUpdate; a feature I will be turning off.

Is there going to be a solution to this soon? Im thinking of selling it, because I cant use the feature that I bought it for

Rikkemans wrote:
Is there going to be a solution to this soon? Im thinking of selling it, because I cant use the feature that I bought it for

A solution to what?  If you’re referring to remote access, we’re still working on the issue and are hoping to have it fixed soon.

1 Like

To my previous posts? Remote access indeed

My firmware upgraded.  When I turn on my TV and DLNA and go to the drive, It does not show my public folder any longer with all my movies that I have.  It worked fine and now Im stuck.  It updated the firmware at 3am and I have no folder any longer with my movies.  From settings I click on MEDIA and it says “Last Update: Updating Database”.  Is this the problem? I have been waiting for over an hour and searching forums.  Please help.  My one night as a bachelor is ruined LOL.  WHen I log in thru my phone or the mac using “WD My Cloud” - all of my data is there.

@ jimfi

I have NO custom setting for my router or the MyCloud. It is straight out of the box with only shares added.

I can happily report, I am now able to log in remotely from both my desktop WD myCloud and my mobile app (iPhone iOS 7).  I changed nothing nor did I restart or unplug anything.  Thank you WD!

Before I brag too much, :smiley: what do others here say
?

So just to update WD.  My remote access is working thru my laptop and my iphone.  My public folder with my movies no longer shows up on my DLNA TV.  The drive shows up but it wont allow me to get to my files.

Bill_S wrote:

Rikkemans wrote:

A solution to what?  If you’re referring to remote access, we’re still working on the issue and are hoping to have it fixed soon.

All,

In quoting a different thread:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/NOTICE-WD2Go-com-WDMycloud-com-users-are-reporting-that-they-are/m-p/693022#M9114

At this time the WD2Go.com / WdMyCloud.com service is completely back to normal operation.  

Thank you for your patience while this issue was resolved.

If you are experiencing trouble with your remote access connection, or need assistance with your device, please contact WD support:   http://support.wd.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

remote access via internet can not work now,

it works perfect before upgrade.

At around 3:30am this morning I received email notifications that I could join in some product improvement plan, my WD MyCloud’s firmware had updated itself, and then that the device needed to be restarted (The device stopped scanning your media. As a result, some thumbnails will not display when you access it remotely. To resume scanning, please restart your WD My Cloud device).

This morning before I left for work I cycled the power. After I got to work, my device couldn’t be found via either wd2go.com or the WD MyCloud app. I came home to find the front light rapidly blinking white. I restarted it again. Same result. It wouldn’t connect to anything, not wd2go, Finder (I’m on a Mac), the admin page, iOS app, or the MyCloud app.  Research, research, research, AHA! Something about restarting without the USB drive attached. Did that and it came on with the blue light in front, as it does normally. Plugged the USB drive into the MyCloud. Still good. I’m now able to connect via Finder, admin page, wd2go and the MyCloud app (both OSX and iOS).

Whew! Just turned Firmware Auto Update to OFF.

-Cory

Mine updated at around 8:42PM last night. Auto Update was set to OFF! Interrupted a 1.4TB safepoint creation at 2/3 done.

Now remote access works , doing nothing.

But one problem I’ve been having for the last two updates is that there are problems viewing videos that take up too much (eg 20GB) by GIGABIT LAN , there are cuts in the film   to see it..

The harddrive has a slow speed from about 2 updates.

1 Like

Auto update OK. Local access OK. Remote access from IPAD OK. Hiccup with remote access from Mac and PC (WinXP) but all now working OK. PC problem may have been to do with the JAVA tweaks to get round the problems caused by JAVA update. Tweaks removed: JAVA security slider back to default and entries in exemption list removed.

Remote access is working again with my ports forwarded. 

And it seems that IE doesn’t have any problems anymore showing remote content with Java.

Only concern is that I can’t copy a movie(about 3GB) from it. Only a smaller file 10MB is transferred in few secs.

Does anyone else have this problem??

I’m having problems watching movies from the new MyCloud.  After having done extensive testing, it is definately the MyCloud.  The older MyBookLive plays the exact same videos without a hitch.  I believe that the video problem is either a problem with the hardware (NIC, chipset, etc.) or a firmware issue.  I’m inclined to believe the latter.

To Western Digital - note:  I’m willing to run tests and help on this issue if you contact me via email.  I’ve been using WD products for several years and would be willing to correspond with you if that would be fruitful.  I’ve initiated a case on the WD support port.

Needless to say I was a little bit hesitant to update, but I downloaded the new firmware and did a manual update. All went well and it took about 15 minutes to complete and reboot.

One of the known previous issues was Java and wd2go. Well I raised the security level to “Medium” and gave it try 
 Success!! after I added wd2go to the acceptance list in Java. The new certificate from WD was accepted and all the shares showed. Actually it seemed faster than before. :slight_smile:

It seems that the NTP time didn’t work properly so I selected “OFF” and then reselected “ON” again 
 I had to do that several times before it received the correct time from the NTP server. It seems to work but I will keep an eye on it to see if it really receives the correct time.

My “Safepoint” worked in Firefox but it would not recognize it in IE8. No biggy since I use Firefox anyway. It came up with a Java script error in IE8 shown below:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 20:31:21 UTC

Line: 54
Char: 32779
Code: 0
URI: hxxp://192.168.xxx.xxx/UI/js/aggregate.js?v=03.04.01-219

The text in red shows it is from this firmware update. As I mentioned Firefox worked perfectly. ( I X’ed out the HTTP on purpose as it showed as a hyperlink rather than text)

I haven’t check the “Sleep” mode yet as the My Cloud has been accessed so it hasn’t had time to go to sleep. But again, I’ll keep an eye on it.

I turned “OFF” the “DLNA Media Server” before updating, then re-activated it and the scan only took several minutes to update.

So for now 
 I’ll keep an eye on everything and see if it is working properly.

This update was supposed fo fix problems? It made problems where there had been none before. I’ve had my unit for 2 weeks and it was great till that last update (I was unaware of the updates taking place until it was brought to my attention.) Now it keeps going offline. Evidently this most recent update ruined the drive. I need to return it to the store but need to transfer the data to a new unit (not WD) first and then have the defective one destroyed while I watch to make sure that destruction has been carried out by magnet or sledgehammer.