New Release - WD My Cloud Firmware Release 3.04.01 (3/5/14)

I found the issue to this problem. Looks like WD broke the functionality of manually configuring ports for cloud access. I went and enabled UPNP on my router an then change the cloud access to automatic and it establishes the connection. If you chose manual options it WILL NOT WORK regardless of what ports you use. Must be automatic plus upnp enabled on the router which is TERRIBLE because that allowed WD to hijack all 80/443 traffic and doesnt allow us to run any other web services at home.

Just for everyone to know, we are looking into the issue with remote access through WD2go and My Cloud.Ā  Weā€™ll keep you updated, but itā€™s probable that itā€™s not an issue with the firmware update.Ā  Nevertheless, we will escalate this issue regardless to make sure we donā€™t miss something.Ā  Some of you may be contacted by a WD Staff person through private message.Ā  Please respond to him.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/NOTICE-WD2Go-com-WDMycloud-com-users-are-reporting-that-they-are/m-p/692732#U692732

1 Like

This didnt happen until AFTER the My Cloud NAS had a firmware update applied. Either it was the update that EVERYONE got, or we have an extreme case of coincidence.

SShaffer wrote:

This didnt happen until AFTER the My Cloud NAS had a firmware update applied. Either it was the update that EVERYONE got, or we have an extreme case of coincidence.

Actually, it happened the next day after the update, and users werenā€™t experiencing any issues until this morning.  We have a specific issue weā€™re looking into that could totally be the cause, and it has nothing to do with the firmware update.  So, yup, it could be coincidental. :angry:

I always have UPnP enabled in my routerā€¦ Right before the update I got the manual ports enabled(80/443) and got a straight connection, no relay. Happy as can beā€¦

But after installing the new firmware its now failing to connect manually AND automatically with and without UPnP.Ā :angry:

Im almost ready to throw it out of my windowā€¦

1 Like

The update on my device occurred at 0530 CST on 03/06/2014 (Today). The connectivity issues started immediately thereafter.

I havenā€™t appliedĀ  the update because my nas has been doing a safepoint for the last few days (first one) and I disabled auto updates and I canā€™t connect. In fact it has been flaky for the last couple of days.

Just make sure you arent letting it auto-update. I wont trust that option going forward.

Looks like I am having the same issue as everyone else.Ā  No remote access.Ā 

Ok, this is ridiculous, my myCloud 2T was working fine (although with a painfully slow remote transfer rate) until the latest firmware update this morning. Ā NO remote access either by mobile or desktop. Ā To suggest that this firmware isnā€™t the cause seems silly. What other event could affect so many people at the exact same time? Ā Please address this ASAP,Ā as right now, the main purpose I bought this device for, doesnā€™t work. Ā I might as well call it: myPaperweight.

Oh goodnessā€¦ Is there no QA at WD??? I dont know what else to say.

jimfi

See my message 34 on page 4. I hope that will help solve your problem.

ThanksĀ  cat0w, In regards to step 1, if Iā€™d rather not unplug the power to my router (as it has some other sensitive stuff plugged into it) will unplugging the power to the myCloud itself for a minute and then plugging it back in create the same results?Ā 

rebooting the router does not fix this issue. The issue is noted on my last post #42 on page 5 in that remote access does not work unless using uPnP on the router and letting the wd use its default ports (80/443). It will not work, regardless of what ports chosen if you are using manual configuration and/or do not have uPnP enabled on your router now.

Iā€™ve changed nothing with my router since yesterday when all was fine. Ā In any case, Iā€™ve never set anything manually with regards to myCloud, and still cannot connect remotely after this firmware update.Ā 

Thanks for the info but no luck.

Bill_S ā€“Ā  Yes, I tried disconnecting the network cable + connection as cat0w recommendedā€¦ no improvementā€¦ it is still not accessible.Ā  What is the best way to recover from a drive that is busy indexing and not responding? Can I unplug it from power?Ā  Note that I also have a USB drive connected.

My firmware updated via the auto update feature at 3:00 am. When I got to the office and checked my email, I had 3 alerts from the NAS. I cringed, but all went well and all is working as expected, including remote access and that seems to be faster than before. I still havenā€™t started a safepoint, but that is in the works for tonight.

bigstorage wrote:

Bill_S ā€“  Yes, I tried disconnecting the network cable + connection as cat0w recommendedā€¦ no improvementā€¦ it is still not accessible.  What is the best way to recover from a drive that is busy indexing and not responding? Can I unplug it from power?  Note that I also have a USB drive connected.

I wouldnā€™t unplug it.  Iā€™ll get someone to help you out.  Keep an eye on your private messages.

ThanksĀ  OGilley, do you have any ā€œcustomizedā€ settings that would enable your setup to work and so many others to not? Any speculation?