New Release - WD My Cloud Firmware Release 3.03.02 (1/29/14)

@ Tony,

Nope, it was not switched on and it was not even recorded in the Log. Which was odd. Because normally you would see this.

@ Boxall,

So was mine, it was OFF, I did it myself last night before I went to bed and it still changed, which is the most weirdest thing that I have seen in a while. 

My Sleep is ON and it works with the old firmware 3.03.01.156, no disconnetion since yesterday. New firmware not tested yet, but I can see it is in sleepmode now. I will wait and see after a few hours if I can still access it and go later to bed and try again in the morning. Fingers crossed. :smileyvery-happy:

Must say that I have not done any back ups yet or copied any files besides 3 picturs in the Public folder.

Have created shares as well users, everything is on, except Itunes Server, because not sure what it actually does or4 where it looks. I have multiple computers but only one iPad for now (Wife’s) and Synching on other computer. So hence switched off for now. 

My Cloud is empty for now, want to see the Unit working for a few days before I start copying. However I did some tests with a WD engineer with LAN speed test and creating several different sizes of files using the program. 20 mb, 1000 Mb, 4100 gb and full which is 9000 Gb, 9000 Gb reported 7 errors in my Realtek Diagnostic Utility. Which could mean a file is not copied totally. Also noticed a little lag and “not responding” when starting with the speed test, which resulting in 50 to 54 Mbytes a second, or 420 to 465 mbits a second. Was wondering why the full Gigabit speed was not used. Did check my Full Duplex mode, check !, and Buffers were 512, could not go higher than that.  

Noticed also that when “not responding” might be to the Ack and Synack towards the My Cloud be when feeding to big a file for copying it startles and thinks Wow, your are feeding me a big chunk of data now, I need to proceess that for a little bit and then chop it into pieces. :wink: Small files were copied immediately without hickup. Anyone has some contribution to this ? hehe. Am I saying it right. Have not written proof, but maybe someone of you can write it down what happens as I describe up there in technical terms and figures. Be my guest. I am lazy today. 

Oops made mistake, Correction Not 4100 Gb and 9000 Gb, but 4100 mb and 9000 Mb. Which some Drive Image backups are.:smileyvery-happy:

Pacific_Dollars:

Try logging in via SSH and do this:

ls -la /CacheVolume

You should see a file called update.log

The timestamp on that file is when the update was kicked off.   That should give you an indication of what went on and when.

Tryed to upgrade trough webUI
Started to update so I went to sleep and after more than 12 hours i login to webUI again and it says it was updating (???)

So I waited another 1/2 hour or so and nothing … still updating …

So I went to ssh and did a reboot … nothing! Mycloud did not reboot for 20 minutes or so

So … I Unpluged power and power again, it does not start … Unpluged again and this time it starts but:

I only have like 2GB or so and dmesg shows

md: Waiting for all devices to be available before autodetect
[10.056304] md: If you don't use raid, use raid=noautodetect
[10.061996] async_waiting @ 1
[10.064996] async_continuing @ 1 after 0 usec
[10.070379] md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
[10.124604] md: Scanned 2 and added 2 devices.
[10.129075] md: autorun ...
[10.131886] md: considering sda2 ...
[10.135529] md: adding sda2 ...
[10.138797] md: adding sda1 ...
[10.142990] md: created md1
[10.145833] md: bind<sda1>
[10.148613] md: bind<sda2>
[10.151380] md: running: <sda2><sda1>
[10.155500] bio: create slab <bio-1> at 1
[10.159555] md1: WARNING: sda2 appears to be on the same physical disk as sda1.
[10.166951] True protection against single-disk failure might be compromised.
[10.174362] md/raid1:md1: active with 2 out of 2 mirrors
[10.179810] md1: detected capacity change from 0 to 2047803392
[10.185926] md: ... autorun DONE.
[10.200394] md1: unknown partition table
[10.860294] kjournald starting. Commit interval 5 seconds
[10.866248] EXT3-fs (md1): using internal journal
[10.870985] EXT3-fs (md1): recovery complete
[10.879968] EXT3-fs (md1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode
[10.886423] VFS: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem) on device 9:1.
[10.892345] async_waiting @ 1
[10.895352] async_continuing @ 1 after 1 usec
[10.900105] Freeing init memory: 168K
[48.831604] EXT3-fs (md1): error: cannot change data mode on remount. The filesystem is mounted in data=ordered mode and you try to remount it in data=writeback mode.
[48.867376] EXT3-fs (md1): error: cannot change data mode on remount. The filesystem is mounted in data=ordered mode and you try to remount it in data=writeback mode.
[49.459728] calling fuse_init+0x0/0x1b0 [fuse] @ 2609
[49.464963] fuse init (API version 7.17)
[49.469334] initcall fuse_init+0x0/0x1b0 [fuse] returned 0 after 4169 usecs

This is Really BAD!!!

I tryed a system factory restore but problem persists!

How can i recover my data and and mount disk again???

WDMyCloud:~# mount
/dev/root on / type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=1,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=23056k,mode=755)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=40960k)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=10240k,mode=755)
tmpfs on /run/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=102400k)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup type cgroup (rw,relatime,memory,cpu)
/dev/root on /nfs/Public type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/root on /nfs/SmartWare type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=1,data=ordered)
/dev/root on /nfs/TimeMachineBackup type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=1,data=ordered)
nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw,relatime)

WDMyCloud:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs 1.9G 756M 1.1G 42% /
/dev/root 1.9G 756M 1.1G 42% /
tmpfs 23M 324K 23M 2% /run
tmpfs 40M 4.0K 40M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs 10M 0 10M 0% /dev
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/shm
tmpfs 100M 156K 100M 1% /tmp
/dev/root 1.9G 756M 1.1G 42% /nfs/Public
/dev/root 1.9G 756M 1.1G 42% /nfs/SmartWare
/dev/root 1.9G 756M 1.1G 42% /nfs/TimeMachineBackup

Trying to do a manual update from file now, it says device does not have enough space

ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yup, this is exactly how my first WD cloud drive, lets just say “died” on me when i got it when it came out few months ago…

had to return that one and NEVER UPDATED the firmware on them since then… i have two drives still on the original FW…thank god i have no problems at all…

im sooo tempted to upated as im **bleep** about keeping things upto date but im resisting the update till i stop hearing horror stories.

Howdy Tony,

I checked the update.log via PuTTy and found the date was 

January 30 @ 23:58

Which was the day before yesterday. I am really sure I did not do any updates after version 03.03.01.156. Nor was the Automatic update ON. And indeed it would normally do this at 3 AM which is the standard settings when you switch ON Automatic updates. I am just permanently sure it was not ON. It was OFF when I checked it. So it is a mystery for me.

Whats the point of this being in Raid if you only have one drive? Just To complicate things and more options for it to fail???

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Returning??? but i will loose my data?!

Mocho: The RAID is the root partition. The DMESG output you show is normal… The error isn’t real… It’s due to the fstab entry listing write back mode for that partition, but of course, the partition is already mounted, because the fstab file is in the root partition.

I have WD My Cloud™ 3TB. I just got a notice, within the WD My Cloud™ Control Panel, that there was a firmware update. I was on 03.03.01-156, I clicked the firmware update and it updated to 03.03.02-165 and after it rebooted I logged back into the control panel. Everything seemed fine.

I proceeded to check the Desktop App, WD My Cloud, and that worked as expected. Then I checked the remote access through https://www.wd2go.com/ and NO shares are displayed. This all worked on firmware 03.03.01.156.

Now I get a Java error as follows:
Missing Application-Name manifest attribute for: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/mapdrive/map-drive.jar?v=18
I have x’ed out the IP addy.

I am running the latest version of Java ( Java 7 update 51 )

I have tried the following:

1. Rebooted the WD My Cloud via the control panel
  2. Tried Firefox
  3. Tried IE8
  4. Rebooted the PC
  5. Resent the registration email via the control panel’s “Cloud Access”
    I still get the same error and no displayed shares. Now I have no remote access, which I do use, or should I say “was using”.

What happened and how is it fixed?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Java update 51 is not supported.

@ SectorGZ,

Slide the Java security to medium. Then you can access the shares again when using Internet Explorer. :wink: There are more posts about this in the forum. Just look around.

1 Like

Pacific_Dollars wrote:
@ SectorGZ,

Slide the Java security to medium. Then you can access the shares again when using Internet Explorer. :wink: There are more posts about this in the forum. Just look around.

That fixed it … Thank You very Much Pacific_Dollars :wink:

I still wonder how it worked before on older firmware?

I will test the other feature of the control panel, ie Safepoints, etc., tomorrow … it’s late and I’m bushed. Thanks Again

Twonky doesn’t open any ports via UPnP.

No need. The kernel tells you what processes own which ports.

Question,

Does everyone have the same ports open or closed when they scan on www.grc.com, ShieldsUp! when WD My Cloud is set for remote control and why they are not closed or put back to stealth again after you disable Remote Control in the WD My Cloud. Ports are 80 and 443. Please do scan and tell me if it is the same as me. I clearly want to point out, I did no single port forwarding manually on my router. Have not done a restart with the router yet whether this would close or set the ports to stealth again.

Ports 80/443 are opened by UPnP and are served by Apache (not Twonky, as Lin-Admin is suggesting). If your router doesn’t “age out” expired UPnP ports when the service no longer uses them externally, then they will remain open indefinitely.

@ Tony,

How long does those “aging out” take ? Same time as assigning DHCP IP time lease ?