New Release - WD My Cloud Firmware Release 3.03.02 (1/29/14)

WD is pleased to announce the update release of My Cloud Firmware Release 3.03.02.

• Please follow the instructions when doing the update.

Issues Resolved:

• Resolved issue of dropped mobile cloud access connections after updating to firmware 03.03.01-156.
  • Resolved issue of a scheduled safepoint update that does not run automatically.
  • Resolved issue of device performance degradation caused by certain MPEG-4 (MOV/MP4) video formats used to record slow motion videos.

Please feel free to post your questions and experiences in this thread.

2 Likes

Who’s going first?

Mine is rock solid after disabling sleep mode. Not sure I want to touch it.

If its working the way you want it and you dont need the scheduled safepoint or have mp4/mov files, then you can hold off.  I have 3 units on it so far, no isuses.

Mine is set on auto update and should take place at 3 AM CST tomorrow morning. I will come back and report on how well the update worked.

Updated 1/30/2014: My Cloud updated without any problems.

I took the plunge since I wont be keeping the drive much longer since my EX4 arrived today. Ill post in a little bit how the process went. Right now we are at 60% installation

Installed without any issues but lost authentication on my ipad, but mac and iphone are still connected 

Mine installed with no issues, I haven’t tested all the functionality yet to see if everything works, but I appear to be able to connect remotely and upload etc with no issues so far, all my users and shares stayed untoched this time unlike my previous update where I lost one user and lost access to the remaining ones, so far so good :slight_smile:

Same here…so far so good…

so far so good, i updated the firmware on my device and everything seems to be working.

sxc7885 wrote:

Installed without any issues but lost authentication on my ipad, but mac and iphone are still connected 

Hi sxc7885,

Is it possible for you to send me a private message with the issue that you saw?

Thanks,

Brandon

@ Bill,

Did have the problem of disconnecting. Switched off Media Scan and ITunes scan and sleep button to off. Was working.

Now I have this update done, white light and no more access to the My Cloud. Looks like it is bricked now. Did all the resets you can thinks off, no more access to it.

Not happy at all after backing up twice 680 GB of stuff and sitting on that for a week to get there. New box 1.5 week old. Have lots of experience with hardware and stuff, but this is not a finished product.

Sorry but quite disappointed, just when I am set to renew all my computers with new installations and making new drive images, this new firmware broke it.

Called support, nobody able to help, 2nd level engineer not available. Called support in US with special given number only to hear they are closed ! I have wasted a lot of time and energy on this. Even backup with USB safe point took forever even it is a USB 3.0 !

I don’t know how you at WD can get away with this.

I updated the firmware to the latest version using the dashboard following a notification from wd. Now am stuck with a dysfunctional drive… And a whitish light blinking light. I have just lost 3.5tb worth of data. I thought wd learnt their lesson wrt mybooklive. I am extremely disappointed with this Company

U’ve just lost another customer!

Woke up today still tired since it was 5 am this morning after I went finally to bed. Tried to start it up one more time after I woke up. Nope. Waste of time. Nothing than a white light, no access. Now the HDD is starting and then stops completely and switches off. There goes my 680 Gig down the drain. Thanks WD really happy, NOT ! It was working before this update. Except HDD sleeping was not possible. Well this thing has kept me out of sleep, I tell ya. Should have got a Synology or a Qnap instead. So that’s it, back to the shop for my money back, what else can I do HDD does not keep spinning !!! Very disappointed and lost a lot of time with all of this, I won’t get this back.

Hello Captain,

Believe me, I had it 20 something times in and out the wall socket before I went to sleep… As well the rest of the morning, before I wrote this post. When a disc makes scraping sounds, not like the usual whirling and chugging, you bet something more serious is going on. After been working for Apple Head office and IBM, as well building my own computers and fitting tons of HDD’s before and know how they sound when they are ok. SSD’s, Conner HDD’s, Hitachi formerly IBM, Seagates, Western Digitals, Samsung, Fujitsu, Maxtor, Matshiu**bleep**a, Tandon, Iomega, Toshiba, Memorex, you name them have them installed or uninstalled, formatted, factory formatted, partitioned with, DOS, CP/M, OS/2, FAT, Fat16, Fat32, NTFS, EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, XFS, HFS, ReiserFS, Swapfiles, MBR 1 sand 2, GPT, FIle Allocation Tables 1 and 2.

So, yes I know when a HDD starts up and makes funny sounds than the usual and then shuts off, something is not as it should be and this came because of the latest firmware update. Thanks WD. So now I am finishing dressing up and put the box under in the plastic bag from the shop and go back Mr. shop where it comes from. I have wasted enough time with it. I liked the product but it is not finished. Sorry.

I woke this morning to discover that my Network shares were not accessible via my Linux computer.  Oddly I was able to access the content via the WD tools on my android phone.

Lunux sees the device on the network but nothing beyond that.  When I logged into the Web config, I saw the spinning wheel stating that The firmware was updated and being applied.

I left it as is and went to work.  My last MyBook Live went in the pooper after a reset 

Does anyone have any idea how long a normal firmware update should take.  I may have just stumbled across it happening this morning, but I suspect it had been in play since last night.  I will check again when I get home.

I don’t want to unplug this thing and loose access to everything - again.

I didn’t even know there had been an update until I read this forum this afternoon.  Checking the logs, my unit updated at 3:11am this morning and runs just fine now.  I have email notifications set for “critical and warning”.  Would moving that to “All” send me an email next time the unit updates automatically?  I would have liked to have known.

I’ve only had my MyCloud for less than two weeks but it is operating as expected.  I’m using it mainly as a NAS to stream video content to my two WDTV Live devices in my home.  I have not tried the cloud features yet.  I “did” notice that my WDTV Live boxes had to have their share libraries rebuilt today.  I thought that was strange but now that I know the MyCloud updated itself I’ll attribute that to the WDTV Live behavior.

Hello.

I also have a firmware problem.

I got an email from my HDD saying that there is a new firmware.

After that i got a message that the MyCloud has restarted and that the firmware update failed…(I also tried to do it via the my cloud dashboard)

After reading this topic i tried some of the solutions, beginning with unplugging the device from power. I did for 15 seconds, I replugged the powercable and now the led keeps blinking and nothing happens…

Before i was powering off the my cloud i wanted to do a test via the my cloud dashboard…guess what, test didnt work. Got an error message that test failed and i needed to contact support. I went to this forum first to look for answers and so i tried, as i said before the powering off.

After i read this topic, I’m also thinking of returning the WD MyCloud, i mean, if this thing has so many errors, then i agree with the other user that this thing is not yet finnished. Sorry.

And this is not my first problem.

I also had the problem that photo’s dissapeared from my phone and automatically uploaded to my phone from the my cloud.

Pacific_Dollars wrote:

@ Bill,

Did have the problem of disconnecting. Switched off Media Scan and ITunes scan and sleep button to off. Was working.

Now I have this update done, white light and no more access to the My Cloud. Looks like it is bricked now. Did all the resets you can thinks off, no more access to it.

Not happy at all after backing up twice 680 GB of stuff and sitting on that for a week to get there. New box 1.5 week old. Have lots of experience with hardware and stuff, but this is not a finished product.

Sorry but quite disappointed, just when I am set to renew all my computers with new installations and making new drive images, this new firmware broke it.

Called support, nobody able to help, 2nd level engineer not available. Called support in US with special given number only to hear they are closed ! I have wasted a lot of time and energy on this. Even backup with USB safe point took forever even it is a USB 3.0 !

I don’t know how you at WD can get away with this.

If your drive is blinking white after a reboot, the drive is performing a file system check.  Each time you power it off it doesn’t finish…  Please leave your drive in that state, as it can take some time.

WD-Fan wrote:

daytrdr wrote:

If your drive is blinking white after a reboot, the drive is performing a file system check.  Each time you power it off it doesn’t finish…  Please leave your drive in that state, as it can take some time.

It looks like you had not red the whole sad story of Pacific_Dollars.

And btw unless something is badly broken file system check will not take longer than 15 minutes!

I have read his entire story, and it can take longer than 15 minutes, but thank you for your expert input.

My update went fine although it took forever to reboot and then reinitialize (way longer than the interface indicated). The drive has also forgotten about all of my media - t’s now performing a full scan again.