New Release - WD My Cloud Firmware Release 3.01.04 (11/5/2013)

I too agree that heat is a killer of many tech products…look what it does to a car with an aluminim engine,overheat…dont stop…keep driving…throw the car away…get the quietest fan on the market…get off your **bleep** and ventilate your stuff and …keep it cool…ohhh yet…the first step is to get off you **bleep**…drill some exit hole…find power (might be the most difficult part)…and install that nice quiet fan…oh yea…lots of ram helps to…oh yea…freaking update windows and anti virus and malwarebytes and norton if you have comcast cause its free…im out

Drive connected fine to the network via the router. then did firmware upgrade through the dashboard. now permanent white light and does not connect to the router but green light at the back flashes, other light is yellow. tried the 40 sec reset button while powering on. still fixed white light and no access. been in this state for over an hour and no drive accessing sounds. any suggestions?

After reading all this behaviors, I stay with the old firmware !

Everything works fine for me so i see no need to upgrade.

The only thing is the usb port that not all hdd drives recognized !

Where can we request WD to let us install apps in My Cloud like they let us do in Ex4?. It no fare that we do not get those feature.

By the personal ideas :slight_smile:

http://community.wd.com/t5/Personal-Cloud-Ideas/idb-p/cloud_idea

Hello,
Is it possible to install firmware trough usb port on WD My Cloud, because I can not access from my win machine (yellow light blinking when i set IP from DHCP to Static)

Thanks for replay

Hi there, I’m glad I didn’t read all these posts before I upgraded my WDMyCloud 3T : Anyway it was certainly the best to do … 1st thing before loading datas … All works pretty good … so far … Just one thing is missing : no support for ExFAT ! it’s a petty because apparently it’s a better FS than NTFS on big flash disk ( > 32 G ) I tried ro install fuse-exfat via ssh, but apparently there are conflicts with some libraries is there any help available to follow on ? thanks, gilles.nb

New firmware has been released with a lot of fixes.  This thread is now closed.